Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 11:38 PM

Default 44 Set on Monotone Flop

Villain is 32/16/1 after 32 hands (I know not much) others are standard loose passives.
I thought I played the whole thing pretty poorly and Im sure there are multiple lines so Id like to hear them.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 07-25-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: 44 Set on Monotone Flop

You've got as much equity on that flop as any flush draw, even if you are behind, so I keep betting the flop and lead a non-heart turn. The only other option I would consider would be to call the flop raise and go for a turn checkraise if I was sure MP would bet again and I'd have a good chance to trap someone in between.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:02 AM

I hate just calling the flop if you're planning a sng because you're just missing out on bets.

Hope he didn't have QT.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:06 AM

No problems with 3-betting the river against a TAG?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:14 AM

I think its somewhat close. The thing is, if he's decent he should read hero's hand for something much weaker than it is, most likely one pair, and be popping that turn with QT/T8. So I think you'll see him raising with trip T's often enough.

In my first reply, I briefly considered advocating a 3bet/fold, but I'm not sure I've ever actually done that myself, and I doubt I'd be able to do it if I was playing this hand, whether it would be correct or not (and I think it may be, he's not capping trip T's or a non-nut flush).
Old 07-26-2006, 12:15 AM

I think hero is good here. I say villain has ATs. If he had QT he'd have raised our turn bet. Or he has the nut or 2nd nut flush.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:17 AM

I think villian has AT here almost never once he caps the river.

EDIT: and a non-nut flush is more likely than a nut flush, if we're giving him credit for being ok.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:27 AM

Pump dat [censored] on teh flop.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:31 AM

any consideration to checking the river, figuring somebody (probably MP) leads out and you can trap some callers with a check/raise? If 3-bet by MP, it looks like the thread is leaning towards just calling instead of choosing to cap yourself.

if everybody's on busted flush draws, you make the same if you choose to cap and if they call you'll make more. plus you get to decide if it gets maxed out on the end.