Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Progress!!!! - Perhaps we should thank Tommy Angelo!

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing to do when caught in an insane bluff, of course, is to throw down your cards dramatically and shout "Seven high!" to offset your table image acquired in the previous two hours of folding hand after hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was somewhat kidding, as doing what I said exactly might be construed as angleshooting and therefore deserving of a KITN.

In all seriousness, making a joke about your crappy bluff is great for your image. But, consider also being totally silent. Sometimes your opponent will misread your hand and throw their hand away. This is especially true late at night or if your opponent is intoxicated (or both). Any nonzero chance of this happening is money in the bank. (And believe me it does happen.)
Old 07-24-2006, 06:09 PM

Actually, after rereading cpk's post I think we're both saying essentially the same thing. My brain just didn't parse the quotation marks the first time.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best thing to do when caught in an insane bluff, of course, is to throw down your cards dramatically and shout "Seven high!" to offset your table image acquired in the previous two hours of folding hand after hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this with 8 high jokingly when I missed both flish and a gutshot and it checked the river....

the board was 2 6 6 T T

up against 24o and 33....

So the 8high was a monster, so i highly recomend it.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:44 PM

Default Re: IWTSTH At Wynn

[ QUOTE ]
Best rule change ever.

Thanks, Wynn!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 AM

I was there a couple weeks ago and made a blind steal from the 1 seat, the big blind is an ornery old local that always has a chip on his shoulder. flop is something like QTx, he checks I bet he calls. turn is a J or something he checks and I check. river blanks and we check through again.

Now I pick up my cards and hold them like I'm ready to muck, he's sitting there looking at his cards like he doesn't want to show them. so I say "no pair" - still ready to muck, and he still just sits there. So I just wait until the dealer tells him to flip them, he shows 88 and I drop my hand in the muck sitting next to me - he immediately tells the dealer he wants to see my hand. just as I'm about to reach down and start washing the muck, the dealer says "we dont do that at the wynn sir". I just smile while the whole table launches into an IWTSTH debate, and the local just about blows a gasket. I toss the dealer a redbird.

IMO this is the best card room on the planet and it isn't close.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just as I'm about to reach down and start washing the muck, the dealer says "we dont do that at the wynn sir". I just smile while the whole table launches into an IWTSTH debate, and the local just about blows a gasket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are your hands in the muck?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just as I'm about to reach down and start washing the muck, the dealer says "we dont do that at the wynn sir". I just smile while the whole table launches into an IWTSTH debate, and the local just about blows a gasket.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he doesn't want the guy to see his cards.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:31 AM

No player should ever be touching the muck and washing them.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:36 AM

Maybe that's why it's the best cardroom on the planet, because they let players reach in and wash the muck when they feel like it.

No, seriously, what's that all about? "Washing" the muck as in taking the cards and mixing them up real good like a dealer giving the deck a thorough shuffle? WTF?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he doesn't want the guy to see his cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

that, and I was about 90% kidding. also, my hands weren't in the muck, they were about to be.

I wouldn't really feel bad about making my hand irretrievable in this type of situation. I probably wouldn't have in this particular case because I didn't care that much.

i'm sure they teach dealers that the muck is some magical nobody-can-touch thing (and that's good), but if I grab my two cards off the top and stuff them in the middle... who cares.