Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Is he Joshing me?

[ QUOTE ]
raised the turn. I think this is a retarded missed flush draw river bluff at least 25% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flush came in.

OP, I'd probably call in the moment but I think folding is best.

EDIT: I'm slow
Old 07-24-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have checked the turn or bet something more like 20 for pot control. As played I think I make the crying call. It depends on the opponent. Readless I probably flip a coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is unknown, but I put him on a weak ace that will probably call a nice size bet, or a draw. That is why I bet

I don't typically play 1/2 or Party so I don't know if I can expect a weaker hand to bluff the river on the worst possible river for me 20 something percent of the time. My play REALLY looks like I'm protecting against a flush.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling the river, because I think a set would have raised the turn. I think this is a retarded missed flush draw river bluff at least 25% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to disagree on this point. OP has reraised preflop, reraised the flop... if he has a monster, there's no need to make OP doubt himself.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's closer to 1 in 3 than it is 1 in 4. I think that makes a small difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea I think it does to. 1/4 we have a decision. 1/3 probably an easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop donk is usually a flush draw, and is worthy of a note on villian's permanent record if that's the case. In addition to the flush, he could have some other garbage that beats TPTK here. Villian would have to be capable of some high level thinking and know you well enough to make this play with a worse hand as your hand is pretty much face-up as a big Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
At Full Tilt and Stars 1/2, I've been reverse floated and pushed against when the obvious draw hits a surprising amount of the time by players I consider bad.

[ QUOTE ]
*edit* as for the rest of the hand. I usually make it $7 or $8 against a lone minraiser in position. I think it increase your FE a bit, which is fine if he folds preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Noted, I don't recall how much I raise PF reading this, but I normally go by feel.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop bet size is barely acceptable, IMHO. I'd probably be making it a few bb's more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Remember that his immediate odds for 1 card are about 20%, and he's getting nowhere near that with my raise. I try to get them to call incorrectly, if it's thin, that's OK by me. He also will not be getting the implied odds if he does hit (I folded this river).