Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Registration Filling Up?

I heard on Bluff radio that Friday was empty compared to the other days. Their reason was that the final table of the media event will prevent having a "Feature Table" that will be televised on ESPN. So if you play on Friday you have little chance of playing on TV. I think this is why the pro's are skipping 1A too. They said once 1A got to the same numbers as the other days, they would start selling the other days again.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:18 PM

The event is not full. But you dont have the option of all 4 starting days any more. Some of the days are more in demand (of course) than others, so the registration is *locked* for the popular days until the rest of them catch up. 3 of the 4 days were open when I registered last Friday. Day C is the most in demend and has been locked for quite some time.

The approximate counts to the best of my recollection as they were told to me were:
A - 1000
B - 1300
C - 1700
D - 1200

-n8str8
Old 07-24-2006, 05:20 PM

You're kidding right - the media table is going to be televised? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if the cage person was misinformed or not, but a friend of mine tried registering in-person for the Main Event this morning, and was told that the only day not sold out was Friday, and that there were only a few hundred seats still available for Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a follow-up, I spoke with two people from the WSOP today, and both confirmed that *for now* Friday is the only day available for registration, until they get enough Friday entrants to even out the days.

I imagine that once Friday starts to fill up, other days may become available, but that is likely not to happen until at least Thursday evening when registrations are likely to increase dramatically.

-Aces
Old 07-24-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're kidding right - the media table is going to be televised? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not for airing on ESPN but to make a tape for PR and networking purposes for ESPN and there relationship with other media orgs.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:03 PM

I was also just told that they now have "a bit over 6000 registrations" so far...

-Aces
Old 07-24-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was also just told that they now have "a bit over 6000 registrations" so far...

-Aces

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well, I just the decision to come early Wed. morning (if they are having sat.'s Wed/Thurs, then they should still have seats, right?), so I BETTER get a seat.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well, I just the decision to come early Wed. morning (if they are having sat.'s Wed/Thurs, then they should still have seats, right?), so I BETTER get a seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine that they'll still have seats through at least Friday morning (in fact, I'd be real surprised if they sold-out). At the very least, I confirmed with the tournament director that they will have alternates if the tournament "sells out"...

-Aces
Old 07-24-2006, 08:53 PM

11 handed would suck.
but yeah you should not get shut out considering 11 handed means they can go to 8800 alternates means they could probably get it to 9500.
im guess a total of 8500 runners now.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:25 AM

As of today, there are 6,010 people registered for the ME, according to the monitor outside of the poker room.