Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: help! the heat is killing me....

get a floor fan?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:08 PM

How do you not have an A/C? It's the 21st century. Do you live in the woods or something?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:11 PM

Warik,

Is there really that much of a difference between the woods and Canada?
Old 07-23-2006, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you not have an A/C? It's the 21st century. Do you live in the woods or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Up north it's not that necessary. I lived in MA for seven years without AC. It was fine. You get a fan. Close the windows and the blinds during the day, open them at night.

NT
Old 07-23-2006, 10:13 PM

First 35* celsius = 95* fahrenheit

Second, according to weather.com it's 77* at Vancouver Int'l Airport right now, so open all the windows...enjoy the cross breeze...
Old 07-23-2006, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First 35* celsius = 95* fahrenheit

Second, according to weather.com it's 77* at Vancouver Int'l Airport right now, so open all the windows...enjoy the cross breeze...

[/ QUOTE ]

N Fing hand Sir
Old 07-23-2006, 10:25 PM

Here in Portland it was 102 today and 104 on friday and Im too w/ out AC and its probally 125 in my upstairs apartment. I suggest meeting a girl with AC, or if you have to be home cover the windows during the day to minimize the amount of sunlight that gets in during the day and opening them at night. Earlier today I sat in a bathtup of ice water and moved my tv to where I could see it and watched the Brittish Open.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 PM

Best thing to do when it's unbearably hot is f*ck, but an excellent alternative I'm always recommending is getting those things that are packs of blue ice, but with a hard plastic cover instead of the soft blue ice thin plastic.

Get several sizes and keep them in the freezer. They can take hours to lose their cool.

Take the small ones and put them on your neck, over the pulse. That will cool off your head and can result in a dramatic mood change for the better, and strong perception that the heat is more bearable.

Another good place is the inside of the thigh. Plenty of blood goes through the thighs, and though the area is a little sensitive, it gets used to the cold.

Finally, something I like to do is get one of those big packs that is like 10 inches by 8 inches or something and place it flat on my belly. This takes a huge amount of heat out of your body.

Sure, it sounds like trailer trash air conditioning, but jeez it's a relief! Wrap a dishrag around any containers that touch parts that are too sensitive. That also helps soak up condensation.

Keep a few in the freezer so you can rotate new ones in as old ones warm up. Nicely, that takes a good while. It's a beautiful thing!
Old 07-23-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A/C is fairly rare in the northwest. I just got a place down in Houston after 18 years in Seattle and have A/C for the first time in my life.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:58 PM

be glad you don't live in Ontario(been cool the last 6 days tho), where it is so damn humid that the 35c/95 fahrenheit weather feels like 48c/~120 F weather. In the winter the -5c/~18F weather feels like -15c/0F. Talk about temperature swings. Honestly, I went to Calgary and when it was -20 outside it felt more like -5. When I came back it was -2 in London and I couldn't stop shivering.