Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 01:44 PM

Default I hate QJ!

Button is 72VPIP/14PFR/0.9AF-TOTAL/30WTSD. Likes to call with all sorts of fun stuff.

BB brand new to the table.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero

Argh! give me a line here on this turn. I hate this damn hand. No showdown value. I normally bet/fold because I think the fold equity "could" be there and then check/fold the river UI.

-Caddy
Old 07-23-2006, 01:45 PM

Default Re: I hate QJ!

check/fold.

True
Old 07-23-2006, 01:53 PM

This is when it is important to know someones peeling tendencies. Does this guy peel the flop and fold a lot of turns? Or does he peel til the river and fold then? In the former scenario, bet/folding is probably the correct play. In the latter case, I would check/fold the turn. I ignored other potentially important variables like how often this guy will bluffraise the turn, to keep things simple. The more often this guy will bluffraise the turn, the better check/folding looks.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:54 PM

True, is it unreasonable to think we can get Villain to fold UI overcards on this turn 1 in 5 times? Hands like KQ-K9,QJ-Q9,J9-J8,T9-T8.

-Caddy
Old 07-23-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is when it is important to know someones peeling tendencies. Does this guy peel the flop and fold a lot of turns? Or does he peel til the river and fold then? In the former scenario, bet/folding is probably the correct play. In the latter case, I would check/fold the turn. I ignored other potentially important variables like how often this guy will bluffraise the turn, to keep things simple. The more often this guy will bluffraise the turn, the better check/folding looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, knowing fold flop/turn % is critical here where possible, as "it depends".
Old 07-23-2006, 02:56 PM

this guy is pretty much never folding or betting KQ when you bet/check.

True
Old 07-23-2006, 03:04 PM

Yeah, I think this is why QJs is probably near the bottom of you CO raising hands, simply because you can pick up calls from a loose button at a prime table. I think you need to check this street and give up if this non-aggressive player puts a bet in. A bet here is likely spewing - if you get called again you "have" to bet the river to try and fold King high and even Ace rag kicker. Too pricey.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:46 PM

I usually bet/fold again as most of the flop peels are overs but if this guy isn't folding hands like KQ to a turn bet I c/f now.