Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Movie Incongruities/Lucky Coincidences

Face/Off. at the end everyone just buys that Cage is Archer based on a phone call from his wife. they don't even take the precaution of trying to restrain him or putting him in cuffs.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a deus ex machina has bothered me more than the one in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I spent about 8 hours of my life wondering, "How the hell are these few humans and elves gonna defeat thousands upon thousands of orcs?" The characters kept harping on it too, making sure we knew what an obstacle they were facing.

Then 3/4 of the way through the last movie Viggo Mortensen slaps his hand to his forehead and says, "Oh yeah! I almost forgot, we have a [censored] ghost army that's invincible! We'll just use them!"

I know that that's Tolkien's fault and not the fault of the filmmakers, but since I've only seen the movies I choose to blame Peter Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't read the books, have you? There is nothing extraordinary or unbelievable about the way Tolkien handles it.

Scott
Old 07-19-2006, 06:14 PM

The Little Mermaid. that [censored] annoying seagull wakes up Ariel with news that Prince Eric is getting married that day. Ariel just assumes that she's the bride. HE DIDN'T EVEN ASK YOU STUPID BITCH.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:52 PM

It always bugged me in the 40-year old vigrin, when the two are sitting playing Mortal Kombat: Deception, a game for the PS2 and Xbox, but it shows them holding N64 controllers. It also bugged me since this movie was shot very recently, and it seems like getting your hands on 2 PS2 or XBox controllers would have been easier than getting 2 for the N64.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:40 AM

One thing about The Usual Suspects has always bothered me.
They set up this big drug deal, everyone dies except for Verbal and the guy in the hospital. Verbal then is arrested and then cuts a deal and gets immunity. How does he get immunity???? There is no one left for him to testify against. Maybe I'm missing something but If someone could explain I'd be eternally gratefull.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a deus ex machina has bothered me more than the one in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I spent about 8 hours of my life wondering, "How the hell are these few humans and elves gonna defeat thousands upon thousands of orcs?" The characters kept harping on it too, making sure we knew what an obstacle they were facing.

Then 3/4 of the way through the last movie Viggo Mortensen slaps his hand to his forehead and says, "Oh yeah! I almost forgot, we have a [censored] ghost army that's invincible! We'll just use them!"

I know that that's Tolkien's fault and not the fault of the filmmakers, but since I've only seen the movies I choose to blame Peter Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't read the books, have you? There is nothing extraordinary or unbelievable about the way Tolkien handles it.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]
For someone making a big deal about reading, you aren't very good at it.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It always bugged me in the 40-year old vigrin, when the two are sitting playing Mortal Kombat: Deception, a game for the PS2 and Xbox, but it shows them holding N64 controllers. It also bugged me since this movie was shot very recently, and it seems like getting your hands on 2 PS2 or XBox controllers would have been easier than getting 2 for the N64.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've raised the bar for nits everywhere.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing about The Usual Suspects has always bothered me.
They set up this big drug deal, everyone dies except for Verbal and the guy in the hospital. Verbal then is arrested and then cuts a deal and gets immunity. How does he get immunity???? There is no one left for him to testify against. Maybe I'm missing something but If someone could explain I'd be eternally gratefull.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cops think it was a huge drug deal gone wrong, and so they want to find the huge drug dealers who set it up (but weren't on the boat). Drug kingpins don't handle the sales personally.

And even after they figure out it was a hit, they want to find the guy who orchestrated it (whether or not Keyser Soze really exists).
Old 07-22-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime the villian explains his plan to the hero before he attempts to kill him in some diabolical way is one of the most ridiculous for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to read Pete's Evil Overlord List
Old 07-22-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everytime the villian explains his plan to the hero before he attempts to kill him in some diabolical way is one of the most ridiculous for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to read Pete's Evil Overlord List

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly enough Ive read it before and gonna read it now again. I will not commence being 7minutes closer to death withought furthering my life in nay way.