Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 03:25 PM

Default more 11

well so far with most of my play you guys havent said i should do a TON differantly, so thats good. Thanks for the advice so far.

Here are some more:

PartyPoker $11 Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t40 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2000)
UTG+1 (t2000)
MP1 (t2000)
Hero (t2000)
MP3 (t2000)
CO+1 (t1575)
CO (t2000)
Button (t2465)
SB (t1960)
BB (t2000)

Preflop: Hero is in MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls t40, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t100</font>, MP3 calls t100, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t80, BB calls t60, UTG calls t60

Flop: (t500) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks

Turn: (t500) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets t125</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

PartyPoker $11 Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1695)
UTG+1 (t2486)
MP1 (t1799)
MP2 (t3130)
Hero (t1360)
CO (t2560)
Button (t790)
SB (t3580)
BB (t2600)

Preflop: Hero is in MP3 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, MP2 calls t200, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1360 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t2600 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>

Flop: (t4460) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t4460) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t4460) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

BUBBLE play:

PartyPoker $11 Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t7326)
Button (t6184)
Hero (t3810)
BB (t2680)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

PartyPoker $11 Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t6184)
Hero (t3610)
SB (t2880)
BB (t7326)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Hero (t3610)
Button (t2680)
SB (t7526)
BB (t6184)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

CO (t7326)
Button (t6784)
Hero (t3210)
BB (t2680)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t3210 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

PartyPoker $11 Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t8284)
Hero (t2910)
SB (t1480)
BB (t7326)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

PartyPoker $11 Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t2910)
Button (t1180)
SB (t7626)
BB (t8284)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Hero (t2010)
Button (t280)
SB (t7626)
BB (t10084)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: more 11

This is a lot of hands to post.
I think the First two look good. Diden't get to the rest.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:46 PM

In the first hand, why did you make such a small raise? It will probobly bring in a lot of drawinghands that you don't want in there. I think the other hands looks okey exept the bubble play. Most of the folds you make I push in the same seat
Old 07-22-2006, 03:47 PM

Hand 1: Either raise more or limp along. As played, the flop and turn is good.

Hand 2: Don't like this. There's already a limper in the hand that may call you, you position and hand is pretty weak.

Rest of the hands: just use SNPT/ICM calculations on them
Old 07-22-2006, 04:20 PM

Hand 1.

I don't generally raise AQ preflop after a limper and in an 11 I think it is worse. If I were going to raise though, I'd make it more like 160. Postflop is fine. When a lot of people see a flop and it's monochrome and now making a straight as well check/folding is good when you don't have it.

Hand 2.

I think with some reads on limper as well as all the people waiting to act this could be fine, but I'm generally inclined against.

Hand 3.

I'll often push, but I will often pass it up given a read that BB is loose here, that my image is already bad or that the two big stacks are still being very laggy and keep threatening each other.

Hand 4.

Good. Very clear fold.

Hand 5.

Good. Very very clear fold.

Hand 6.

Good. Very easy push.

Hand 7.

Can't fold this one. This one is either limp or push. Depends on BB.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:14 PM

I like everything except your 2 66 hands. The one on the bubble is a push IMO and SNGPT backs that up with my best guess at hand ranges. The other hand you pushed over a limper. I dont hate it but I think you have very little fold equity at an 11. This would be very read dependant for me. As well there are lots of others left to act as you found out.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:40 PM

1. I usually play AQ weak in level 1 and 2. I might limp in and dump it on the flop (not saying this is the best advice though). As played though I think you need to raise more pre flop. But check/folding is fine once that board hits and that many people stayed.

2. I dont mind this but its depends a lot on the table and each player. Some tables you never really get a chance to push so this would be a decent spot here but on a tighter table I would prefer to be first in.

3. Need some info on the BB here. This should be a profitable push against most though.

4. I dont think they will be tight enough to make this one a good push.

5. I fold. Dont like pushing utg here without something good.

6. Easy push.

7. Depends on the big stack. Could go from an easy push to a marginal push, or bad one.

8. Fold.

9. Easiest fold ever. The button has no chips. I think I am only playing AA here.