Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Re: I need some push bot advise.

You guys are lame. like, leper lame.

Post # 229 yes!!! How many more posts before I can grasp concepts like FE and position?
Old 07-21-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Abridged rest of this thread

shhhhhhhhhh...
Old 07-21-2006, 05:31 PM

okay
zen
here's some REAL advice (it's not 'advise') since you seem to actually be serious

first off, you can't make push-charts. there's too many situations. what you want is SNGPT (www.sitngo-analyzer.com) which is Sit'n'go powertools.

second, you really don't want to start off 8-tabling. I would suggest one or two tables for the first hundred SNGs or so. you can start progressively adding more.

third, it's much better to move up in stakes than add more tables. playing a lot of tables at once with 0.001% ROI isn't what you want - you want to play solid poker and not miss any pushes.

testimonials? that seems like a dumb thing to ask for, but here you go:

http://www.pokerstars.com/about/testimonials/

personally I wouldn't move to Party for anything, but they're softer so I guess that's fine.

finally, achievable ROI (at stars, I don't play at party):

6.50 - 30%+
16 - 20%+
27 - 15-20%
60 - 10-15%
Old 07-21-2006, 06:15 PM

LMAO at the testimonials. That was so funny hahaha.
By testimonials I meant, I wanted to see how people in this forum are going about 20+ tabling. There was a thread awhile back titled "You too can be a push bot" or something like that. I wanted to take a look at what levels you can get away with brainlessly following a chart and 20+ table 5$ SNGs.

I don't use SNGPT maybe I should.

Thanks for being the first to actually try to help.
Sorry if my OP really seemed all that unreasonable.
It wasn't meant to be a masterpiece of a post or anything, just a question.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:24 PM

i 8-table the stars 6.50 turbos for MAD $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and then give it all away in MTTs. I like the little pictures and the VIP system. Also, I hate party with a passion (several bad experiences, mostly with their non-existent customer service. maybe it's better now; if it is, i don't care. stars 3 lyfe.)

there's no chart; you will have to learn how to play poker (a little). Start with two tables, and when you find yourself reading the internet more than watching your tables, add two more. Repeat ad nauseam, and if the clickfest gets too intense and your game starts to suck, take away two. Or, take some time off and play Starcraft to improve your CPM. It's just that simple.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:33 PM

So far, this month, I'm running a 123.9% ROI and 77.8% ITM 18 tabling on stars. My sample size is very small (well, it's one set), but I don't see why you couldn't do that forever, at least. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2006, 07:54 PM

If you arent interested in playing well, and are solely interested in playing a 12342134098127 tables at time. You could easily do it at $3.40s or $6.50s.

However, there are no "Charts" of which you speak. Basically you have to know how to play basic stt strategy, and simply be able to make instantaneous decisions.

Someitmes when I get frustrated with my normal game, I will fire up 20-24 $6.50s or $3.40s or something just for the hell of it. An ROI of 30+ is possible at those stakes even with that many tables IME, but you MUST know what you are doing or that many tables will kill you. Ive seen people playing 32+ at a time if you so desire. However, you have to take it slow. start with 2 or 4 tables, then gradually increase. Once you reach 12+, there really isnt that much of a difference IMO, you just have to be able to make your decisions instantaneously.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My OP seemed simple enough a question to me. Do you say 5th Grade level because it doesn't involve a specific hand?
Well here's one........

I had Aces last night and they got cracked. Should I have played them differently?

Just answer the [censored] OP and if you have nothing to add go find another thread to get your 9999th post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:56 AM

This is pretty normal in STTF. This forum has indeed become rather elitist.

No such chart that you ask for exists. Everything is situational. You will have to learn through your own mistakes. SNGPT-like tools might help you learn offline by making mistakes offline and not losing much cash. Anyway those who have come up with generic rules based on experience will be unlikely to share them easily.

SNG poker does not have definite rules. If it were, it wouldnt be profitable for those who are good at it.

good luck with your endeavor.

Always remember to play poker, not static rules that you come up with.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:04 AM

My advice is when your ahead during the all-in keep typing ship it!? ship it!? and then if you win type SHIP IT HOLLA and if you lose type dont ship it!