Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: The Grim Reality of Israeli Terrorism

Everything is so cut and dried to you -- Israel bad, Arabs good -- that it's sickening.

Do you think anyone -- pro- or anti-Israel -- thinks killing children is a good thing?

The problem with nonsensical posts of this nature is that YOU don't know what really happened, and we don't know what really happened.

If it was so clear -- Israel indiscriminantly fires on women and children -- Jews would line-up side-by-side with non-Jews and express their disgust. Hell, I'll head the line.

But it's not that clear. It's not like you have, say, a young man who walks into a nightclub with a bomb in his backpack, an act which is indefensible despite the efforts of some. Here was have a paramilitary organization with the most cowardly strategy of hiding in civilian populations and jeopardizing the lives of those civilians. Do we know that Hezbollah was not embedded here? Or that at least Israel had bona fide information to this effect? No. Do we know that Israeli soldiers took out these children when such actions could have been avoided? No.

I like your use of the word "probably" -- their offense "probably" was ... What is "probably" based on? Your gut feeling, thousands of miles away? Do we know that "Mohammed" was not a member of Hezbollah, or that there was some other legitimate reason for Israel to target him? I sure don't have any idea, and I think it's dangerous to form a judgment based on such limited information. Apparently you don't. I certainly would agree that, given the deaths of innocents, the burden is on Israel either to justify this attack or admit to a mistake.

The problem with your posts, Chris, is that you're utterly one-sided (not that this problem is limited to you). I am receptive to the idea that it's not all punch and cookies on the Israeli side, but your utter bias, coupled with the fact that, on a poker website, you NEVER post about poker, makes me wonder what your ulterior motive here is.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the impossibility of making out uniforms from indiscriminate air attacks, I see little relevance in this. But here are some links to photos of Hizb Allah fighters .

[/ QUOTE ]

A pity your links didnt include Hezbollah terrorists dressed in fatigues they have used before to conduct their operations --- namely in UN uniforms driving UN vehicles.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 PM

This argument that Hizbollah "hides" in residential areas is more retardation on this forum.

They are people, members of government, whatever. They have to live somewhere. The freaking Parlianment is in Beirut. Where do you want them to live??? On Mars?? And Lebanon is a tiny country anyway.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:38 PM

There's a difference between living amongst civilians and firing rockets from civilian areas.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a difference between living amongst civilians and firing rockets from civilian areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zero rockets fired from Beirut
Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This argument that Hizbollah "hides" in residential areas is more retardation on this forum.

They are people, members of government, whatever. They have to live somewhere. The freaking Parlianment is in Beirut. Where do you want them to live??? On Mars?? And Lebanon is a tiny country anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, you created another account just to argue this?

Secondly, the problem, as stated earlier is that there is no distinction from areas where hezbolla is holing up and where there are only innocent civilians.

Why?

This is what Hezbolla wants. Every Israeli missile that blows up an innocent family of 12 is beneficial for their movement.

The people are pawns, being strategically sacrificed for a later good.

Israel has no choice, but to take the pawn.

It's really frustrating that the Arab world won't take a stand against extremism.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and of course they need to bring their missiles into their basements at night so nobody sprays graffiti on them.

Fool.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Zero rockets fired from Beirut

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, short commutes are cool.

[ QUOTE ]
The raids appeared to target Hezbollah's leadership, which is based in the densely Shia Muslim neighbourhoods to the south of Beirut.

The Israeli military spokesman's office confirmed the strikes. The Israeli army said it had attacked 15 targets including: a gas depot south of the port town of Sidon, several spots on the highway linking Beirut to the Syrian capital of Damascus, bridges in Beirut and the Hezbollah's headquarters in the southern suburbs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-21-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given the impossibility of making out uniforms from indiscriminate air attacks, I see little relevance in this. But here are some links to photos of Hizb Allah fighters .

[/ QUOTE ]

A pity your links didnt include Hezbollah terrorists dressed in fatigues they have used before to conduct their operations --- namely in UN uniforms driving UN vehicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. I don;t quite know what the UN has to do with this, but keep saying it and it'll become true, I'm sure. So far noone has posted any evidence at all regarding Hizb Allah doing anything. Noone has posted any evidence of Hizb Allah firing rockets from inside civilian positions. It has told civilians to flee and many who have tried have been bombed by the Israeli army, including convoys from villages that the Israeli army has told then and there to leave.

I really don't have time for this sort of rubbish. You people will swallow anything. Why I feel the need to argue with utter idiots and extremists is really beyond me; maybe I'll see a doctor about it.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. I don;t quite know what the UN has to do with this, but keep saying it and it'll become true, I'm sure. So far noone has posted any evidence at all regarding Hizb Allah doing anything. Noone has posted any evidence of Hizb Allah firing rockets from inside civilian positions. It has told civilians to flee and many who have tried have been bombed by the Israeli army, including convoys from villages that the Israeli army has told then and there to leave.

I really don't have time for this sort of rubbish. You people will swallow anything. Why I feel the need to argue with utter idiots and extremists is really beyond me; maybe I'll see a doctor about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you are arguing with yourself a doctors visit would be in order.
Closed Thread