Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Hi new guy here

posted in begginers able but I think this is the right forum. Anyway just delete it if wrong forum
KTHANKS

EDIT= Which site has a good amount of fish sorta like PP but offers rake return?

Hi

First time poster but long time lurker here. I have SOME experience with both nlhe and lhe cash game playing live once a week. I would now like to try and do a challenge by depositing a set amount of money and maybe triple it up without ever redepositing out of my own pocket.

I would like to start playing 25nl with about 40 buyins MINIMUM. I feel like I can hold my own when I play some home games HU and I am generally very taglag but would sometimes get stacked by a donk with his turned 2 pair or some crap.

I know general concept like betting 3.5 times PF and raising more suited connectors and some smallish pp in LP-BUTTON. Also know to bet 3/4-pot when I have a relatively strong hand on a somewhat drawy board. Now all I have to learn is varying my betting pattern like betting like a twitchy fish to lure in the tags.

My weakness is sometimes I get stacked with TOPPAIR GOOD KICKER but it only happens about 1/6 times(when getting stacked by bad play). For the most pairt I get stacked when getting sucked out. I also hate playing against lag because 1/5 times they tilt me with their bad play.

Im not plannin on making 50000000000$ a month. I just want to deposit 40+ buyins and never put money in ever. If I ever get lucky and make 5k plus monthly then I just consider it a big bonus. ALso, what should I expect when I start playing online poker in terms of winrate.

I would like to know what you guys think about my baby step plan? I would also love it if you can link some good 6max nl posts that are worth reading and rereading.

KTHANKS
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Hi new guy here

bet 4xbb preflop at NL25. its impossible to bet $0.875 use up 3 buy ins and buy PT and PAHUD and learn how to use them. apart from that you seem to have the right idea. oh and TPTK is RARELY an AI hand
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 PM

read alot of stuff from SSNL (there are tons of good links in the FAQ). Play alot and evaluate your play. Talk to other posters on AIM/MSN and discuss hands. Participate in forums and join in discussion. g'luck.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet 4xbb preflop at NL25. its impossible to bet $0.875 use up 3 buy ins and buy PT and PAHUD and learn how to use them. apart from that you seem to have the right idea. oh and TPTK is RARELY an AI hand

[/ QUOTE ]
I already have pt and pace and gt. I also have hoh1-2 top, hefpap and sshe