Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Sports Video Games: the thrill of vicotry and the agony of defeat

I'm with you guys on KO'ing Tyson. To this day, I still remember the code that took you right to him: 007 373 5963. It was a beautiful summer afternoon when I finally TKO'd him in the 3rd. Ran a victory lap around the block. Woot!

I was also very, very pumped when I finally beat the orig. Ninja Gaiden, Zelda and Metroid on Nintendo. Lots of hard work went into finishing those games.

Finally, me and my three best friends in college spent the summer of 98 drinking beer, watching the World Cup and playing FIFA on my PlayStation. Good times.

Worst video game moment: when the memory card on 'Baseball Stars' ran out, and the team that I had spent months grooming and building up was gone.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:35 PM

deffinately it better to beat people. me and my former roommate would always play one of the tiger wood's golfs and i would always win, barely. it came down to the fact that he would always choke and i would always rise to the occasion.

the best was when he had to miss a real easy put and i had to make a real long one in order to tie him for another hole, the miracle happened and then he choked in the 19th.

another was a friend who claimed to be real good at fight night and alot of trash talking and challenging commenced. then i picked antonio tarver and let him have a heavyweight. i adjusted my gameplan twice to figure out how to beat him and then smoked his ass, it was magical.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:40 PM

This wasn't due to my great playing skills but it was a meltdown of Van De Velde proportions. I was down 4 strokes going into 18 in TW and I managed to win by a stroke. The other guy completely choked it was amazing I had never seen choking of that spectacle in a game as easy to dominate as Tiger Woods.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:09 PM

This is a little strange, but a while ago, I had some sort of football game installed on my computer, can't remember the name. I played the whole season as Dallas and managed to win every game except the last one, which I lost to the Eagles. I was so pissed at the Eagles that on the next season, I edited their playbook so they only had one offensive play - a play that took their entire team and ran it back to their own end zone.

Yea, I'm cool like that.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:18 PM

My roomate and I played NCAA 2002 dynasty mode. He was North Texas, I was Kansas State (guess I was a pussy and picked a better team). Anyway, in about our third season, we both reach the national title game after playing a season on the hardest difficulty. He beats me in the 4th ot, when you're forced to go for two, as he scored and converted, then I scored and my TE dropped a pass in the EZ. We still refer to this as "the greatest game ever played."