Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 07:47 PM

Default .5/1 KJ from SB - Set of K\'s

I already posted 2 hands today, so I hate to post another, but I want to here what you guys have to say about this hand.

Villian kind of confuses me. He doesn't raise hardly at all and check calls often. Slow played me once with set of 2's on flop. It is hard for me to put him on a hand.

Thanks for the advice.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Villian calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Villian calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
Old 07-20-2006, 07:53 PM

Default Re: .5/1 KJ from SB - Set of K\'s

I think you can slow down here somewhere. You may be out kicked or already be behind a full house. I may slow down to villians turn 3 bet and if I dont I am only calling villians river raise. I think this might be a little much unless villian is a maniac.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:56 PM

Once you get three bet on turn you should slow down and check call river (bet/call might also be an option).

But capping both streets is spewing in my opinion. You're probably behind on a set/full house, two pair or better kicker.

Also, three betting the flop is better I think.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian kind of confuses me. He doesn't raise hardly at all and check calls often. Slow played me once with set of 2's on flop. It is hard for me to put him on a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, based on your read I think you can be putting villian on a decent hand here. Like a set 6s, 9s or a King with a big kicker....which would mean that you overplayed you hand. Turn 3 bets by passive villians after a CR mean big trouble.

btw, thanks for giving the read however its a bit incomplete. you said this villian is very passive and can slowplay a monster but you havent said anything about how loose he is with his starting hands.....
Old 07-20-2006, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this might be a little much unless villian is a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]
He certainly wasn't a maniac. I guess I probably should have just called it down after that 3 bet on the turn.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:06 PM

**grunch**

I 3bet flop, and call down a cap ... aggainst a passive, I doubt your in good standing

does anyone raise pre-flop here? ... depending on the looseness of villian - and of BB??
Old 07-20-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone raise pre-flop here? ... depending on the looseness of villian - and of BB??

[/ QUOTE ]
KJo isnt great but its definitely not out of the question if BB is a tightie and the open-limper is a non-tricky looseygoosey. unfortunately we havent been given this info....
Old 07-20-2006, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I do this.

[ QUOTE ]
I 3bet flop, and call down a cap ... aggainst a passive, I doubt your in good standing

[/ QUOTE ]
And then I do this as well. If he's relatively passive, the turn card doesn't really change anything.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:35 PM

First of all PF you should raise to isolate the button limper.

When he 3-bets you on the turn he is telling you he loves his hand. Since its "hard for you to put him on a hand" I think you want to get to the showdown with a minimum of spewage. If you think you are ahead then a turn cap followed byt a river b/c is ok. If you are not sure then call the turn 3-bet and c/c the river. I think the river 3-bet is spewage unless you have a very strong maniac read.