Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Going broke with 1 pair

[ QUOTE ]
I just reraise him AI on the flop , he only has like 22 left and was only playing with about 1/2 stack PF. If you are gonna just call down his stack anyways why not just get it all in on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you lose the same if behind and may not win as much if ahead? Because you lose the value of your position for the rest of the hand?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:25 AM

just push the turn.

yes you'll get 1/2 stacked against a set sometimes. oh well.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:27 AM

What's with all these damn Limit players coming over to NL?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:43 AM

Do your villains call a 4x pf raise OOP with Ax? Gee, I must be playing on the wrong sites.

I'd expect a villain to call with any PP or AQ+, maybe even ATs+ but definitely not any ace.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do your villains call a 4x pf raise OOP with Ax? Gee, I must be playing on the wrong sites.

I'd expect a villain to call with any PP or AQ+, maybe even ATs+ but definitely not any ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
My pf raises are consistently called by Ax.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just reraise him AI on the flop , he only has like 22 left and was only playing with about 1/2 stack PF. If you are gonna just call down his stack anyways why not just get it all in on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you lose the same if behind and may not win as much if ahead? Because you lose the value of your position for the rest of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

so just call down like a donk instead ? ok sure
You have the best hand here more than you dont and if he is willing to raise then he might also call the AI with a 2nd best hand like AJ. If he was bluff raising or semi bluff raising then you are not going to get much out of him anyways. You still get value out of your position by moving in. If he had a full stack I would play it different but shorties can't wait to get their money in with worse hands.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:49 PM

I think you can fold the turn. Villain obviously isn't afraid that YOU have AQ, so he either has AQ or has AQ beaten already. He's basically betting the turn to give you incorrect odds to draw if you have 2 diamonds.

If he was on a diamond draw, I think he'd bet more on the turn. I think folding to the 1/2 pot turn bet is probably ok. I wouldn't fold to the min-raise on the flop, but that follow up lead for 1/2 pot on the turn screams strength to me.

On the river, he didn't get better or worse with that second Q. He either had you beaten already, or missed his draw and is bluffing. Since you called the turn, you now have to call the river and hope you were right that he was betting a flush draw.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh AZplaya you are right... I just pretty much know I'm beat when he leads the turn... so I guess we just fold the turn and paddle our weak tight canoe away

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 07-20-2006, 04:17 PM

I'd go with a flop three-bet, call a push. Then I would beat my head against the padded walls when the villian turns over Q7d.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
I am tempted to play it the same, but fold the river

Why call the turn if you fold to a less than 1/2 pot river bet? We have to know all of Villians chips are going in on the river when we call the turn, just based on stack sizes. I play the flop the same, but I think that we should push or fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks AZPlaya. I do this quite often call the turn but fold the river - you're spot on turn push/fold as it's going in on the river anyway if we call.

Based on villans stack size and the fact that that you describe him as loose and aggressive - I would now push the turn.