Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Why the need to take sides????

[ QUOTE ]
What I am saying is that we've already tried the killing thing. I believe that both Jewish and Arabic kids learn these fanatical ideas at home from their parents,

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of Jewish kids go to secular schools. The vast majority of those who identify themselves as "Jewish" are secular and barely practice. When compared to other world religions, the Jewish people are probably the most secular people on earth. (Even the Jews in Israel, are, in the vast majority, extremely secular, including the Israeli political leaders, including Sharon). This statement therefore, is not accurate.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:11 AM

So I guess I'd like to know if my idea or some variation is feasible. Could we make it work. It couldn't hurt to try could it? I know lots of people that would donate $ to such an organization. I know i would.

Indy
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I am saying is that we've already tried the killing thing. I believe that both Jewish and Arabic kids learn these fanatical ideas at home from their parents,

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of Jewish kids go to secular schools. The vast majority of those who identify themselves as "Jewish" are secular and barely practice. When compared to other world religions, the Jewish people are probably the most secular people on earth. (Even the Jews in Israel, are, in the vast majority, extremely secular, including the Israeli political leaders, including Sharon). This statement therefore, is not accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. I must be very honest and say that I don't know that many Jews(not a big community in Indiana) so I could be mistaken. But, if the Jewish kids in the US and other parts of the world are not learning fanatical ideas from their parents, how does the Israeli military continue to get so many foreign recruits of young men who are willing to die for a small tract of land?

Indy
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 AM

well, if talking is proven not to work, there is no other choice than to kill them all.

two choices, terrible or worse. thats all you have.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, if talking is proven not to work, there is no other choice than to kill them all.

two choices, terrible or worse. thats all you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

This won't work. We've already taken Afganistan and Iraq apart and we are more terrorized today than before we started our anti-terror campaign.

Indy
Old 07-20-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible to be secular and fanatical. (I don't think a majority of Jews or Arabs are in general fanatical by the way. Just saying).
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM

I would say ur right man. Most Jews and Arabs are not fanatical. But I'd gamble that they have been exposed to just enough fanaticism to create a misunderstanding.

Indy
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 AM

the problems in Iraq and Afghanistan can be traced directly back to Tehran. The source of the problem is hate. The enabler is the new Hitler that leads the nice Irananian people with an iron fist.

your belief system is flawed. you cannot grasp the situation given the way you think. not everyone can be negotiated with. not everyone can be appeased. its a failing ideology. you must be able to act.

you say it wont work. well, either you try, or you die. they want to kill YOU.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the problems in Iraq and Afghanistan can be traced directly back to Tehran. The source of the problem is hate. The enabler is the new Hitler that leads the nice Irananian people with an iron fist.

your belief system is flawed. you cannot grasp the situation given the way you think. not everyone can be negotiated with. not everyone can be appeased. its a failing ideology. you must be able to act.

you say it wont work. well, either you try, or you die. they want to kill YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah I hate the Iranian gov't too. But I don't hate Iranian people and I'm afraid that they will suffer the most if we take up arms against Iran. One of my best friends lives in Tehran. His american passport was confiscated by the gov't and he cannot return. He hadn't seen his family for years and he just had to go back.

Iranians are such good people. That stupid gov't of theirs really sucks though. Bring back the Shah!!!!

Indy
Old 07-20-2006, 11:27 AM

i dont hate the Iranian people either. the point though, is that you HAVE to deal with the Iranian government. they are not going to voluntarily give up power. by NOT taking up arms against Iran you damn the Iranian people into the hell of living under the thumb of a madman.

so, you have terrible (attacking Iran and removing the head of evil, in doing so losing many innocent lives) or worse (ignore that these people are being oppressed, murdered, tortured, etc.. and eventually have millions die when the evil regime decides to use nuclear weapons), choose.