Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 02:24 AM

Default Re: NCAA 2007 out in stores

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone wants rosters for the 360 version, you can download them here. You need a memory card and a 15 dollar transfer cable from Best Buy or Circuit City, but then it's all official names. I like how EA can't use official names, but yet includes the sound file for the Tereshinskis of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

want to explain this a little more for someone that is functionally retarded on a computer and new to 360?

[/ QUOTE ]

You buy a USB adaptor, download the rosters, then load them onto a memory card to load onto the XBox. Then, instead of saying #10 with the completion, it'll say Brady Quinn with the completion. As a side note, I'm playing a Hawaii dynasty, and two of my lineman are named Hercules and Samson Satele, no relation. I have a third player who backs up defense and plays special teams also named Satele. Is this the Polynesian Smith, and why do they like to be named after ancient mythological people?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not feeling the 360 hate. I mean, yeah, it doesn't have Campus Legend or whatever, but if that's what you play the most, you must be in the minority. Legend teams and 1AA are nice, but honestly, I might play a game or two with them, and that's it. For me, the meat of the game is the dynasty, and it seems like the exact same thing with a slightly different interface. Yeah, you don't have SI covers in the 360 version, but that's not a minor nit. The game plays better on the field than the PS2 versions did, looks better, is animated better, and that's what is important. Is it perfect, no, penalties on the default slider settings consist of PI, offsides/false start, and roughing the kicker, my running back still sucks at running into the flats and not running straight out of bounds while catching the ball, and I'm not a fan of the new way of selecting plays (anyone know how to not show your play while playing another person?). But, I still think it's a vast improvement over '06 for the PS2.

[/ QUOTE ]

X selects a play and allows you to bluff with A and Y.

You forgot the glitches. Like how the game clock doesn't stay stopped when it's supposed to, such as after delay penalties. Or how I got the ball on the 6 in overtime.

Oh, and recruiting is impossible now. I used to get a #1 class every time. My first class, having gone 14-0 the previous year, was ranked #19.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not feeling the 360 hate. I mean, yeah, it doesn't have Campus Legend or whatever, but if that's what you play the most, you must be in the minority. Legend teams and 1AA are nice, but honestly, I might play a game or two with them, and that's it. For me, the meat of the game is the dynasty, and it seems like the exact same thing with a slightly different interface. Yeah, you don't have SI covers in the 360 version, but that's not a minor nit. The game plays better on the field than the PS2 versions did, looks better, is animated better, and that's what is important. Is it perfect, no, penalties on the default slider settings consist of PI, offsides/false start, and roughing the kicker, my running back still sucks at running into the flats and not running straight out of bounds while catching the ball, and I'm not a fan of the new way of selecting plays (anyone know how to not show your play while playing another person?). But, I still think it's a vast improvement over '06 for the PS2.

[/ QUOTE ]

X selects a play and allows you to bluff with A and Y.

You forgot the glitches. Like how the game clock doesn't stay stopped when it's supposed to, such as after delay penalties. Or how I got the ball on the 6 in overtime.

Oh, and recruiting is impossible now. I used to get a #1 class every time. My first class, having gone 14-0 the previous year, was ranked #19.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't noticed those glitches, and I've played multiple overtime games, always starting on the 25. Also, recruiting was always weird. In my multiperson dynasty last year, I was Louisville, won the Big East, lost in a BCS bowl. Some of the guys I was playing with didn't make a good bowl, didn't even have good seasons. Yet, recruiting ended up 1-2-3-4-5-...-114. After several years I managed to make it up to the mid-30s. So, while I haven't really delved into recruiting yet, it's not like it was picture perfect in previous years. Also, getting a #1 class every year was a fault of the previous game, not a good thing.

Since I think I'm coming off like a bit of an EA fanboy, here's a few things I really dislike. The unmovable camera sucks, completely obscuring the flats on a standard TV. Atrocious clock management when going for a score in the 2nd quarter, not showing a real sense of urgency. Deadly accurate CPU kickers, and a weak kicking game for the user. Make it a meter or analogue, not a bastardization of both.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how to turn off these 3rd person camera angles? For blocking punts and kicks they are sweet, but for returns they are extremely annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
bump, does anyone know???
Old 07-20-2006, 12:55 PM

Man o man am I stupid. I was sitting on my couch debating whether or not to buy a new PS2 so I can buy this game when I remember I am staring right at a xbox my brother gave us 6 months ago. So now I am gonna go pick up a controller and the game.

I am really glad to hear recruiting is harder. My favortie part of the game is dynasty mode and I always start with a 1 star team so that it takes some years to win that first championship. In the past I would be a powerhouse after 2-3 seasons hopefully this process takes for like 5-6 years now. Can't wait to get this game.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:19 PM

this is total [censored]. you dont even have the option of subbing in specific (nickel, dime, shotgun) formations, only defense or offense. thats horrible.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:25 PM

Recruiting is hit or miss. In my first Dynasty season I'm going to control Florida and Illinois State (moved them into CUSA)....ANd I wanted to do recruiting so I skipped ahead other than the Inseason stuff....FOr Florida I got the #1 Recruit class with numerous #1 people...However for ISU I got 2 decent OLB from InSeason stuff and then in the offseason I got next to nothing for ISU...a couple 2 star kids....

I like the game a lot and find it addicting already. I am, however, frustrated by just how hard it is to play with ISU in that game. I understand they SHOULD get their asses kicked every time, but man it is frustrating when I am in contention int he 4th and then fumble inside the 20....

Fumbles are the death in this game.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fumbles are the death in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something I nopticed abotu older versions was that no matter how good my team was I always seems to have at least 1 game a year where everythign went wrong. I would fumble, throw interceptions, give up first downs on 3 and long. To me it seems like EA every now and then picks 1 game for you to struggle mightily with. Anyone noticed this?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 PM

Well one game with Illinois State I had 8 fumbles....I don't care how bad their carry ratings are...that is pretty unreal. Two of the fumbles were at the 2 yard line.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:56 AM

okay. got it in from gamefly and... it sucks. wow. this is really the first time I felt they didn't add anything useful to the series.

I'm not gonna buy this and it's very doubtful I'll buy Madden. I'm probably done with sports games except for Winning Eleven.