Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Nr. 4 vs Nr. 25
Mr. Tambourine Man 28 66.67%
Highway 61 Revisited 14 33.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2006, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Back Left or Back right for wallet?

I'm right handed so I keep my wallet in my back left pocket. Why back left if I'm a rightie? Because I keep a hankie in my other pocket and I blow my nose more than I spend money.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you ever had to carry a wad of cash for gambling purposes, would you ever even consider putting that in your back pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have done this. It's not standard but I don't see the problem.

Moreover, I don't understand the issues some of you have with back pockets. I have crap fall out of my front pockets WAY more often than out of my back pockets. How is anything supposed to fall out of your back pocket anyway, if you stand on your head or something? I can generally feel whether my wallet is in my back pocket, and I would DEFINITELY feel it if someone reached in and grabbed my wallet.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moreover, I don't understand the issues some of you have with back pockets. I have crap fall out of my front pockets WAY more often than out of my back pockets. How is anything supposed to fall out of your back pocket anyway, if you stand on your head or something? I can generally feel whether my wallet is in my back pocket, and I would DEFINITELY feel it if someone reached in and grabbed my wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I understand, a standard pickpocket move is to bump you as they're lifting your wallet. You're less likely to notice the theft that way. I am hardly an expert on this; maybe others can chime in. And since they're pros at what they do, I don't think you're giving them enough credit.

As for the falling out, in the Mexico situation I had jeans on and several hundred dollars in cash in the wallet because that's how I roll in Mexico. So it was a fat Costanza-type wallet and it basically squeezed itself out of my back pocket.

I didn't realize until I left the bar (Manny's Beach Club for those familiar with Rocky Pt.), then RAN back in to find the entire staff crowding around my vacated chair. They suddenly got very bad at English and played dumb. It's clear it had fallen out some time earlier and they were waiting for me to leave to make their move. Dicks.

So...loose change will fall out of my front pockets all the time, but I doubt something as big as a wallet is likely to.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
front left, 100% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 PM

Interesting how like 98% of people in this thread say "front ___" and back right is still winning.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 PM

The only times I've ever kept my wallet in my front pocket have been in AC and Vegas.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Front left.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Front right.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-19-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's also a lot less likely to be pickpocketed in a front pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never worried about being pickpocketed in my life? Is this something that people worry about on a day to day basis?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the point. when its in the front you dont worry about it on a day to day basis. its not like i put it in front each morning while thinking, this will keep me from getting pickpocketted.

plus, how do you guys go around sitting on your wallets all day? i have like cash and 8 cards in a thin wallet and when i put it in back it feels like im sitting on a slope.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's also a lot less likely to be pickpocketed in a front pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never worried about being pickpocketed in my life? Is this something that people worry about on a day to day basis?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the point. when its in the front you dont worry about it on a day to day basis. its not like i put it in front each morning while thinking, this will keep me from getting pickpocketted.

plus, how do you guys go around sitting on your wallets all day? i have like cash and 8 cards in a thin wallet and when i put it in back it feels like im sitting on a slope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money clip.