Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Re: My 18 yr. old female cousin\'s track coach.

These are the replys I pretty much anticipated. I did not have to consult with oot, I just wanted to make sure that I was right in telling her the situation is not a "just friends" situation, and I was not just looking it as a situation that a 25 year old is trying to get with my 18 yr old cousin (not that I am protective over her in any way). It makes it bad since he is somewhat in a position of power over her and her friends. She told me she was going to talk to her friends, and see if they have any similar feelings to what I said to her. I do not know if that is a good idea or not, but I will find out soon what they have to say. She told me that her mother mentioned something similar to what I told her once, but her and her mother do not get along all that well, so she thought her mom was being an idiot. Hopefully, now that I mentioned it she takes it more seriously.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:43 PM

What are the coach's intentions????

If this isn't a place for a SIIHP comment, I don't know what is.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:48 PM

most blatant pedophile ever?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a pal who is a substitute teacher who is in his mid thirties yet looks like a 25 year old surfer he is extremely popular with both sexes (in so much that he is a really personable guy) he has occasionally been invited/appeared to local prominent regular/graduation parties that are attended by many of the youth he works with.

He'd have a beer off the keg, maybe smoke a joint with a few of the 'cool' kids on the side of the house, but he didn't show any 'special' treatment to the girls (he was big time ladies man too, the girls he dates are always beautiful women...) take it for what it's worth but the only thing I ever heard him say in respect to the pretty young girls he taught, was something like; "Man, Speakman is something else I can't believe she's only 18."

Just to be fair, some guy who is 25 and wishes to date someone who is 18 is not doing anything wrong. It's the fact
that he works for the school is what makes it a conlfict of interest

[/ QUOTE ]

This pal seems like a bit of an odd duck if he's chillin with high schoolers, male or female.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems that way but the guy is very popular, and it's not like he would hang all night with the kids getting drunk,
almost like he was just making an appearance, does seem odd after reading my own post tho, I merely commented to the thread b/c he seemed like an exception to the rule (that a male coach/teacher being friendly with his students would have ulterior motives, some might not)
Old 07-19-2006, 08:51 PM

A 25 year old track coach trying to have sex with girls he coaches is totally out of line and completely inappropriate. But I don't think that a 25 year old trying to have sex with an 18 year old is a "pedophile" by any means.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A 25 year old track coach trying to have sex with girls he coaches is totally out of line and completely inappropriate. But I don't think that a 25 year old trying to have sex with an 18 year old is a "pedophile" by any means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, when i hear 'pedophile', I think 'under 12 years old'.... someone wanting to have sex with a high schooler simply puts him in 'creepy horny bastard' in my book.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 PM

Go look at the age dating thread. Pretty much anyone who is around 25 said they would date down to 18.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go look at the age dating thread. Pretty much anyone who is around 25 said they would date down to 18.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have clarified.... any random 25 year old going out with an 18 year old? Strange maybe, but legal, and I'd have no problem with it.

But as others have mentioned, someone in the position of authority like this particular 25 year old... then it becomes a lot more inappropriate, especially with the 15 year old involved.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:24 PM

he should definitely bang her she sounds hot
Old 07-20-2006, 06:01 AM

I'm 26, I'd definitely bang an 18 year old I met in a bar. However, i wouldn't bang an 18 year old on a sports team I coach, or who worked for me, and so on.

It's the combination of the age difference and the abuse of power that makes this creepy.