Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Hit n\' Run?????

Playing in the 2/5 NL cash games at the Rio this week. The min/max buy-in is 100/500. I never like to buy in for the max. So far I have been buying in for $200.

In playing these if I can get my stack up to $300-$400 I will take the profit and walk. Note that if I win a pot I don't immediately rack the chips and leave. I will stay for 4-5 more laps. I can then buy into another game in 2-3 hours (I'm not getting up and immediately moving to another game). I know that I don't play that well with a deep stack of chips behind me. I play too scared and fold way more than I should.

Does anyone object to this? It's all about profit in the long run and I feel that this is profitable for me.

Your comments are welcome....
Old 07-19-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Hit n\' Run?????

I like to do a simmiliar thing ..buy in short and work my way from there. Its more of a psychological thing for me cause I typically buy in for like 200 and work my way up and it makes it easier to play deep stacked when I feel like im only risking my original 200 hehe =).

But I dont see why you leave once you are up 100 or 200 ..what should decide this is if the game is good or not. If you have a edge keep playing and if you dont then stop.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:08 PM

stunting growth of your game, angers regulars, but as long as you just want to make a few hundred dollars, whatever

look out for variance
Old 07-19-2006, 08:13 PM

if he stays for 4-5 more orbits and doesnt go and sit down right away at another game it probably wouldnt piss the regulars off. sounds fine to me.