Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 02:26 PM

Default MTT\'s and the use of pokeroffice

Hi all,

I was wondering, does anybody out there use pokeroffice (or pokertracker) in MTT's?

I guess the question can be answered by a lot of people with a resounding "yes".

Ok, now on to my next question:

Does anybody out there uses pokertracker/pokeroffice for various stages of the tournament?

I was thinking that this way, over a longer time, I could find out if any players I meet actually change their strategy as the tournament progresses.

If you are one of the people doing this, could you give me some pointers how to set it up? You just go by a range of blinds, or cost per round?

Any answers much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: MTT\'s and the use of pokeroffice

I use pokertracker for self analysis, and not for opponent analysis
Old 07-19-2006, 03:55 PM

Fair enough, but does this fact make my idea a bad one?

I mean, would it not be interesting to check a players early tournament behaviour vs his mid/late game?

After a while (ok, maybe a bit longer) is should be clear which people adjust their play and loosen up, which players tighten up on the bubble (blind stealing) and which players do not adjust at all.

Best thing imho is that this does not take thorough analysis, merely a comparison of flops seen by a certain player

Just thinking out loud...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM

How often are you playing with a player for that long? You just don't play w/ the same players often enough, and even if you do, you rarely see their hole cards. I don't think you will be able to aquire enough data to make the analysis accurate IMO.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:13 PM

PokerTracker/PO stats are only useful if you know the situation that they were derived from. For example, in my DB I have some players who didn't show up for a freeroll and have VPIP = 0 over 100 hands+, and I have some players who I only played against when they were a huge stack on a bubble with stats like 75/60. All of that said, I do find PT useful when I'm multi-tabling and I'm unable to track player tendancies on 5+ tables. You can look at the stats by blind level to see if a player is playing looser now or tighter now - although the dynamics of their varying stack size, situation (WRT the bubble, etc.), and cards at a given level will definitely affect a player's stats. Take the info FWIW and know where it came from, it might not be great info, but any info is better than no info.