Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 06:09 AM

Default Re: PStars .25/.5 NL, QQ faced with flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is he isn't interested in keeping the pot small enough to call all the way down. He's looking to get it all in. Jack, what can I beat here?

Reasonable range is, very generously 88-AA
I have 88, TT and JJ beat
99 is a set, AA and KK are the only two hands that make sense to want to play a big pot with. what can call his big bet if he has TT that doesnt have him beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say TT-AA which puts you at 50-50. In all honesty, you got stuck here after you made the mistake to bet the turn. So I have absolutely no idea on where to go.

An idea would be to just flip a coin and call with heads (pushing lets him get off his worse hand) and folding with tails.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:45 AM

what the hell did UTG bump raise with then muck for 2 more ahahaha.

but seriously i disagree with much of the
things said in this post.

first off if u reraise to 7-9 only ak,kk,jj,qq (unlikley) and aa call u. that is certainly information. i dont know what others are talking about. a lot of people including me will reraise very light when someone bump raises ahead of them. if they come back over the top i fold.

now on the flop I lead for like 10 if u get called or raised i pretty much shutdown and dont put anymore money into the pot.

that way i dont go broke and im pretty sure im beat.

yes this line is kinda of expensive but at least u dont muck a premium hand as the winner.and by reraising if a Q comes u almost always stack your opponent.

this post also sayts nothing about opponents or heros table image or any relavent reads?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:35 AM

I tend to play more limit so may be way off here, but I would have raised preflop to at least $6. The flat call let's UTG in very cheap (as it happens he folded anyway). I'd be much happier playing QQ HU. If UTG or MP come over the top its an easy fold.

Unless you have specific reads I'm not sure you can narrow villain's range to TT-AA. What about AK/AKs? He may just be isolating UTG after a half-hearted minimum raise.

I also think the check/call on the flop invites him to play at you. A check/raise might slow him down a bit and possibly get a free card on the turn.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:40 AM

Raise pf to $12.00. If he stays put him all in on the flop.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:19 PM

Seven High I am with you all the way. I was being passive in this thread because I'm open to advice however I think you are of the same school of thought. With only QQ OOP I am looking to get off the hand for as little money as possible. If I reraise it preflop then I'm hoping UTG folds and then when MP flat calls as he's sure to do with AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ or maybe...maybe TT I am just guessing on the flop.

You could argue that my hand is ahead of his range on the flop, and I would have to agree. However as I've said I am really not interested in putting a lot of money in this pot OOP with just QQ. QQ isn't really all that strong a hand.

As far as reads go this was the first hand MP had played since he sat, perhaps 1-2 orbits. I didn't have a read persay but for some reason I kinda figured he knew what he was doing. Not sure why, but I was right. His flop bet really could have been enough info for me to get off.
I think leading this turn gives me all the info i need and i just didn't understand all the info i got when the hand took place. He raises a blockish bet on the turn when it pairs the board...he isn't going to do that with AK/AQ. His range is certainly TT-AA and I dont think he plays TT or JJ that aggressively. With TT or JJ his raise of my turn lead is pointless because only hands that beat him can call.

Also, do we generally try not to give villain this much credit at such small limits with no read?