Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 05:20 AM

Default Re: I won $600 today and saved $133 today at WSEX.. another success st

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In small stakes hold'em, sklanksy and miller say themselves that the game below about 10/20 with the super high standard rake imposed out there is too much to overcome no matter how good u are against fair opposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about?

Perhaps you are confusing this with the part in Sklansky's forward to the book where he says that making $50k/yr playing 3/6 limit hold-em is now 'not a big deal'.

If I weren't already a WPEX customer I think that spammish posts such as this one would ensure that I would never want to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've asked him for a citation like 3 times now. As I said, at best, he just totally misinterpreted something he read, but I'm leaning more towards outright lie/ purposeful misrepresentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries Jman he'll probably get banned before being able to cite it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mods- perhaps we must make some type of rule against making obnoxiously stupid posts about wsex success, especially when it's the posters first post? This is getting ridiculous, and happening ever other day.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 AM

God I'm sick or WPEX SPAM!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:44 AM

wsex spam is high on the list of reasons i will probably never return to wsex
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In small stakes hold'em, sklanksy and miller say themselves that the game below about 10/20 with the super high standard rake imposed out there is too much to overcome no matter how good u are against fair opposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liar.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:50 AM

If you're only a fair poker player, it will be extremly difficult to beat other fair poker players plus the rake. If you're reasonalby good, it might prove to be difficult, depending on what the "fair" and "good" standards are. The idiots at party/stars/paradise etc are not "fair" or "good". They are "terrible".

In any case, the poster's (obvious) point that the rake has a huge effect on win rate at 3/6 or 5/10 is correct.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're only a fair poker player, it will be extremly difficult to beat other fair poker players plus the rake. If you're reasonalby good, it might prove to be difficult, depending on what the "fair" and "good" standards are. The idiots at party/stars/paradise etc are not "fair" or "good". They are "terrible".

In any case, the poster's (obvious) point that the rake has a huge effect on win rate at 3/6 or 5/10 is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you adjust for the relative softness of the games at some sites versus the relative rock garden that is WSEX, the poster's point is not very fair anymore. An only fair player playing at WSEX will still have a hard time coming ahead because his rakeback will probably not exceed his losses. Besides, thats not what OP was saying, he was saying that a 2+2 author wrote that the rake in a "fair game" under 10/20 is unbeatable. Thats an outright lie.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Re: I won $600 today and saved $133 today at WSEX.. another success story

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. The closest SSHE has to this is the last paragraph on page 18.

They actually say you CAN make a lot of money because the players are so bad. And you should be glad our opponents are bad and don't play "right" or your win-rate would plummet. "The sizable rake in these games would finish off what little profit you could hope to make."

Yes, you could extrapolate that a low stakes game with no bad players would be unbeatable because of rake. But they do not say this (as you claim).

Their point is, in reality, there ARE tons of bad players and you CAN make money even at small stakes despite the rake.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:26 AM

Mods in internet forum are pretty lax, eh?
Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 AM

I was an overanxious newbie who made a post about World Poker Exchange when my brother-in-law told me about it and about this forum...I was sufficiently belittled and berated by you old-timers, so thanks again for that.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeh and obviously u dont appreciate a super great thing..

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, let's count up the score.

1) You make essentially a duplicate post that has been made REPEATEDLY in this forum.

2) You misquote the bible of most LHE 2p2ers. (Perhaps intentionally, perhaps not).

3) You start firing back when confronted with these facts, and all in...

4) Six [censored] posts! You sir, are well on yr way to becoming a fine zoo troll.