Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 01:20 AM

Default $11 - lvl1 JJ, raised pot

Level 1 of a Party speed $11 (blinds 20/40). 10 handed, all stacks at ~2k. No reads.

EP limps, MP raises to 180, I call from the CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], button calls, blinds and limper fold. 3 to the flop.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP bets 300.

My play? Plan for the rest of the hand? In my limited play at the $11s the players seemed fairly loose, and I wouldn't feel too uncomfortable sticking both players on a slightly loose range (77+, AT+, KJ+, some suited connectors).
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: $11 - lvl1 JJ, raised pot

at an $11 shoving this isnt bad IMO but this early i don't think folding is a bad option either. when it came down to it id prolly shove then open another table when i got beat.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:40 AM

My experience (I only play this level)...this early in the tourny....he's got it a GREAT majority of the time....I know others are going to argue it, but I put him on AQ or KQ, most likely suited, most of the time. Donks at this level like to raise with these hands early, but short of having a very strong read on this guy, they don't tend to fire big barrels, even just one, early in the tourney unless they are fairly sure they are going to win and, often, they throw out fairly decent bets (2/3 pot / pot) with the true expectation that they are going to be called...and often they are right.

Fammy
Old 07-19-2006, 01:40 AM

Shoving preflop is an ok play. AQ and KQ are turbo calling you, but so is 22-TT, and hands like JTs that they got a feeling about. AS played, dump that on the flop, its very hard to read hands at this level, and you can find a better spot down the road very easily.