Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: 3 bet bluff TPTK?

Funny that you mention checking and calling, because I was thinking about it this morning and agree that the best play here is checking and calling.

Say I did that, what's the river plan? Checkraise or lead?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:18 PM

Check call both turn and river. You don't measure up very well vs his range, pls don't CR!!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:51 PM

Van as in Vandiesal from stars?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:29 AM

I saw this thread yesterday, but didn't really think i had anything to contribute. After thinking about this more, i think a 3 bet would be a large spew, and you should actually fold to the river raise. The truth is, you put in way to much money postflop here given his range. The flop is fine, the the turn check raise is not good, you will not have the best hand very often when two bets go in on tghe turn with this board texture and preflop action. I would probably check-call check-call here, he might even bet the the river with JJ putting you on TT or whatever.

Given that you did c/r the turn, i would be inclined to fold to the river raise... I think you are right that he will often have AA or KK here, i just don't think he will fold it in a pot this big, even if he is not happy to call the 3 bet. Really, in this situation, i think you should be far more concerned with showing down your hand cheaply than extracting value from worse hands, because that just won't happen all that often in my experience.

Gabe
Old 07-18-2006, 04:35 AM

Oh yeah?? How many WSOP bracelets do you have ggbman? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-18-2006, 05:57 PM

i don't think you are winning when you call the river. you have shown lots of strength and he doesn't care. whether or not he folds to a 3bet i dunno, but imho calling the river here given the earlier action is pretty bad.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny that you mention checking and calling, because I was thinking about it this morning and agree that the best play here is checking and calling.

Say I did that, what's the river plan? Checkraise or lead?

[/ QUOTE ]

River plan will depend on how you're running and how you're perceived. There are nights I'm running bad and it looks like I'm a payoff station, so, I'm definitely checking the river as I think he'll make light VBs (calling or raising is v dependent on a number of other factors though I would normally just call). Lead the river when you've got a good image.