Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 09:04 PM

Default 10k hands stats check

Looking at this graph, no wonder I thought I was god's gift to short-handed poker when I first started, but I've been brought down to earth quite rapidly...

Now the stats. From what I read here so far, I definitly see too many flops from the small blind, but I can't help doing it as soon as I have one or two limper with anything decent... including 86o [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also, I guess I'm not folding enough to steal attempt. I know the proper way to defend is to re-raise, but I often flat-call and then check-raise any flop without an ace or king. I should check my stats to see if I actually make money with this as opposed to re-raising and then betting the flop...

Edit: Checked in PT, there was 35 hands where I cold-called a steal attempt and check-raised the flop. I made 221$, 1.58BB/hands. 58 times I re-raised a steal attempt and bet the flop. I made 112.50$, 0.48BB/hands.

So please, be gentle, and let me know if you can spot any obvious leaks...

Thanks in advance

Old 07-17-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: 10k hands stats check

Don't defend the blinds as much out of position, especially the SB. Don't play so many junky hands, and bring your PFR and VPIP closer together. Continuation bet more on the flop (holding better cards will help this).

For 10k hands I don't see anything to complain about.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:40 PM

A couple of quick thoughts.

1. You're folded to river bet is a little high. I believe 40% is about right, maybe even a little lower.

2. You defend your BB like crazy. I know everyone around here encourages blind defense, but I think this is too much. I defend my BB HU around 50% and I'm searching hands to get that a little lower. You're at 31%, which means you're defending with almost any two cards. You're also at 37% for defending your BB to a steal. That also is a little low for someone starting out.

I would guess you're getting into razor thin positions postflop and then misplaying. You want to defend your blinds but don't get carried away. I would be interested in seeing your position stats, especially from the blinds.

It also looks like you're peeling too many flops hoping to catch a miracle card. If you're going to call the flop make sure the odds are in your favor.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I defend my BB HU around 50% and I'm searching hands to get that a little lower. You're at 31%, which means you're defending with almost any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
You fold way too many hands against SB steals. You have position and are getting 3:1 odds to call. I'd suggest that 31% is close to right, and definitely not too loose. I defend any hand without a deuce or trey that isn't: T4o-74o, T5o-85o, and T6o, unless I have a read on the thief as being tight to raise even in the SB.

Despite that I can't disagree with this:
[ QUOTE ]
I would guess you're getting into razor thin positions postflop and then misplaying. You want to defend your blinds but don't get carried away. I would be interested in seeing your position stats, especially from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping for something specific to work on, that is it.

Here's my position stats

Old 07-18-2006, 12:54 AM

Your SB and BB are actually really good, but a majority of that is probably from when you were running good.

A lot of this is just variance. You ran really hot at the beginning and now things are tapering off. It looks like you're a decent player. Just watch your blind play and I'm sure your graph will start changing directions.