Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Re: trip report:deep sea fishing in Jamaica (very long)

My wife and I stayed at Dunns river Falls when we went there on our honeymoon 6 years back. We went on a deep sea fishing deal as well. It was 3-4 hours, and after we were 10 minutes out, she was puking, and laying inside the boat. She failed to mention to me that she regularly got motion sickness as a kid just riding in the car. I ask her why planes don't bother her as well, and she says she doesnt know.

I plan on enjoying it the best I can anyways as we are not heading back in soon, and there are 2 other couples on as well. I am enjoying the Red Stripes, but no bites. On the way back in we finally hit one...I am in the chair, and the battle goes on. As i am reeling it in, the reel handle breaks off in my hand, and I am now trying to crank a sharp jagged stump. I cut the [censored] out of my palm, but some how manage to bring it in. It was a large tuna, maybe 30lbs. The captian says its ours if we want it, and they will cook it for us if we bring it to them(its an all inclusive place - apple vacations). My wife is super picky about food, and barely ate the whole trip, so we decline. The other couples take it, and we see them at dinner eating the catch. I would do ti again, but no way would I take my wife.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still dumbstruck that you ran out of line while boat fishing. Did the fish go straight down? It seems impossible. I get spooled when fishing from shore damn near every week but in my boat I can follow any fish until one of us tires.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my fdirst time ever doing something like so I didn't really know what was supposed to happen. The captain didn't follow the fish at all the only boat movements were to keep the fish behind us, just basicly turning in a circle to follow it.

I had been deep sea fishing here in New England before and been on whale watches. All of my kids have been on the ocean numerous times and this was the first anyone ever got sick. I don't know maybe it was the heat.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:33 PM

Awesome trip report! And to think I thought my walleye put up a good fight [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] He's still swimming too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]