Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Prove to me that Hezbollah is a terrorist organization

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hizb Allah denies involvement in the Argentina episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its telling how eager you are to take Hezbollah's word.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not take their word; I and most people don;t know for sure what the extent of their involvement is, although they are not generall regarded as disowning their own operations. It was a disgusting episode and I condemn anyone who was involved. But Hizballah's record is overwhelmingly one of military involvement with the Israeli army and it not in my view primarily a terrorist organisation even if it has arguably been involved in some terrorist-type atrocities. If it has targetted civilians or been involved in terrorist type acts in the past in its conflict with Israel, it certainly isn't alone. Its record on targetting civilians is a lot better than that of the Israeli army's.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they are mostly a militia and a political party. They shoot at israeli soldiers that are unlawfully occupying part of southern lebanon, and they run candidates in the lebanese parliament. What's terrorist about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, now israel is fully justified in destroying the lebanese infastructure since these were acts by part of the lebanese government/parliament.

If these were terrorists acts there was actually an argument for israel's actions being disproportionate. Now you make the argument that this was an attack by lebanon itself.

Do you secretely work for the israeli government press department?

thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don;t see how the attack on the marine barracks, a military target of a country that was intervening in the conflict increasingly on behalf of one side, can be considered a terrorist attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are mostly a militia and a political party. They shoot at israeli soldiers that are unlawfully occupying part of southern lebanon, and they run candidates in the lebanese parliament. What's terrorist about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, now israel is fully justified in destroying the lebanese infastructure since these were acts by part of the lebanese government/parliament.

If these were terrorists acts there was actually an argument for israel's actions being disproportionate. Now you make the argument that this was an attack by lebanon itself.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This point should be stressed more. If Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization, then what are they? A legitimate body associated with the government of Lebanon? In that case, Israel, a sovereign nation, was attacked by Lebanon, another sovereign nation, and is completely justified in declaring war on Lebanon until such time as Lebanon stops firing rockets and returns the kidnapped soldiers.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This point should be stressed more. If Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization, then what are they? A legitimate body associated with the government of Lebanon? In that case, Israel, a sovereign nation, was attacked by Lebanon, another sovereign nation, and is completely justified in declaring war on Lebanon until such time as Lebanon stops firing rockets and returns the kidnapped soldiers.

[/ QUOTE ]

THis is completely illogical. Terrorism isn't about whether or not they are part of the state; it's about whether or not their primary methods are the use of violence to terrify civilians in order to achieve political goals. They can be a non-terrorist militia organisation for instance, without being part of the state. Being a non-state armed group does not automatically make that group a terrorist group and being a non-terrorist group does not automatically mean that the group must be part of the state.

If you think them being part of the Lebanese state would give Israel the right to attack Lebanese civilian infrastructure, I presume you think it is Hizb Allah's right to do the same to Israeli civilian infrastructure.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A terrorist is someone who has a different political agenda to us.

Mack
Old 07-17-2006, 06:01 AM

Last night there was a news story on CNN showing Hezbollah personal lined up in military formation wearing masks and suicide vests. I think that is proof enough they are terrorists.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:06 AM

Ummm. A few facts to get you back to reality. Israel pulled out of Lebanon in 2000 as part of a U.N. resolution which also stated that Lebanon military take control of the southern Lebanon. Israel kept their part of the bargin, but Lebanon let Hezbollah keep military control of southern Lebanon.

Snowball138, Are you a member of Hezbollah or Hamas?
Do you support terrorists groups?
What country are you a resident?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Israel pulled out of Lebanon in 2000 as part of a U.N. resolution which also stated that Lebanon military take control of the southern Lebanon.

[/ QUOTE ]

And after only 18 years! It was not part of any resolution that took place then, the resolution telling them to withdraw had stood for years and they ignored it for years; they left when they decided it didn;t suit them any more, irrespective of UN resloutions. Of course, we know that Israel loves to adhere to UN resolutions.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THis is completely illogical. Terrorism isn't about whether or not they are part of the state; it's about whether or not their primary methods are the use of violence to terrify civilians in order to achieve political goals. They can be a non-terrorist militia organisation for instance, without being part of the state. Being a non-state armed group does not automatically make that group a terrorist group and being a non-terrorist group does not automatically mean that the group must be part of the state.

If you think them being part of the Lebanese state would give Israel the right to attack Lebanese civilian infrastructure, I presume you think it is Hizb Allah's right to do the same to Israeli civilian infrastructure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your typical argument from terrorist supporters who want to have their cake and eat it too.

They don't want their beloved hezbollah (or as hezbollah lovers like to refer to themselves as hizb allah) to be referred to as terrorists because it sounds bad. But they also don't want to acknowledge the fact that hezbollah is part of the lebanese government and is therefore supported by part of the lebanese people.

They basically want to be allowed to bomb israel without israel being able to defend itself. Luckily for you most intelligent people see straight through your pathetic attempts. Nice try though.