Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Israel and the Nuclear Option

FWIW Hezboolah and Haamas have been accused in many quarters of using civilians as shields from attack. Think there's any truth in that? I do again FWIW. I sincerely appreciate your proposals though because it's something that needs to be considered for sure.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW Hezboolah and Haamas have been accused in many quarters of using civilians as shields from attack. Think there's any truth in that? I do again FWIW. I sincerely appreciate your proposals though because it's something that needs to be considered for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, there's an interview in today's Guardian with a refugee from the Southern suburbs of Beirut who says that Hizballah told civilians to get out of the suburbs, which doesn't sound like using anyone as shields to me. Civilians have also been fleeing the sourthern villages with no effort by Hizb Allah to stop them, although Israeli bombing of the roads and refugees such as the missle strike on a minibus that killed 9 children and 9 civilian adults doesn't exactly helpt matters.

Of course if you're a pro-Israeli, fleeing from a war means you give up your right to your home forever. Staying means you're being used as a human shield. Merely existing is a severe affront against Israel's eternal rights.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:23 AM

It is obvious you know nothing of how the military of Israel or the U.S. operates.

1. Special forces are most likely already on the ground, but they are never intended to be the major force in a full scale war like is currently going on in Lebanon.
2. How do you propose to gather intelligence on Hezbollah positions? Spy satellites can't see inside buildings.
3. In a military campaign the first thing you do is remove the ability of an enemy to be resupplied, destroy their command and control structure, prevent them from moving around, and reduce their ability to attack you from a distance. Israel must destroy bridges, airports, etc. to accomplish this. Destroying these structures also cuts off thier long supply line from Iran and Syria.
4. I hope you don't think Hezbollah actually build their own missiles from scratch. They get the missiles from Iran and Syria, or worse case get the parts shipped in and assemble them in Lebanon. They certaintly don't build them from scratch.
5. Hezbollah and Hamas obviously don't care about civilians or they wouldn't put rocket launchers in residential districts, but then we are talking about groups that use children as suicide bombers in cafe's and shopping malls.
6. Morris Motamed is a member of the Iranian parliment, but he is only a token to represent the 25,000 Iranian Jews. I suppose he voted aginst the proposed law that required non-Muslims in Iran to walk around wearing a badge that denotes their religion. At least Iran could be original. The badge thing was already done by Hitler, and we see how that worked out.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose he voted aginst the law that required non-Muslims in Iran to walk around wearing a badge that denotes their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

As is to be expected from your posts, this is totally ignorant of the facts. There was never any such law.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:58 AM

Please read the posts before replying to prevent youself from showing your lack of reading skill. I specifically said, "proposed law". This is a fact. I don't know if it was passed, shot down, or still in debate. That isn't the issue. The issue is that it was seriously discussed in Iranian government, but from your reply you must be pro fascism and support the "proposed law".

Anyone who believes Iranian "parliament" is actually a democratic government is living in a fantasy world.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Hezbollah - soldiers or terrorists?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

These are terrorists we are talking about. They don't need the ability to move or communicate.

[/ QUOTE ]

really???

[/ QUOTE ]Really.

Either they are a regular army in which case they are moving around en masse and in an organised, recognizable manner -- or they are terrorists, in which case this is almost exclusively a police/special forces operation.

Pick your poison.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose he voted aginst the law that required non-Muslims in Iran to walk around wearing a badge that denotes their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

As is to be expected from your posts, this is totally ignorant of the facts. There was never any such law.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a serious clown. I quoted directly from your post without altering your words and you did not write proposed; you have edited it to add in "proposed" since I responded it to you. Secondly no such law was ever proposed in the Iranian parliament.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, there's an interview in today's Guardian with a refugee from the Southern suburbs of Beirut who says that Hizballah told civilians to get out of the suburbs, which doesn't sound like using anyone as shields to me. Civilians have also been fleeing the sourthern villages with no effort by Hizb Allah to stop them, although Israeli bombing of the roads and refugees such as the missle strike on a minibus that killed 9 children and 9 civilian adults doesn't exactly helpt matters.

Of course if you're a pro-Israeli, fleeing from a war means you give up your right to your home forever. Staying means you're being used as a human shield. Merely existing is a severe affront against Israel's eternal rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be careful giving too much credit to a news publication that tried to influence another countries presidential election.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a serious clown. I quoted directly from your post without altering your words and you did not write proposed; you have edited it to add in "proposed" since I responded it to you. Secondly no such law was ever proposed in the Iranian parliament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know why they put in the 'edited by' and time feature. I have been following this part of the thread and said to myself, huh, I guess he did put proposed in his post(I had not internalized the 'proposed' aspect when reading it originally, now I understand why). I have to agree that that is serious B.S. and shows poorly on BillUCF.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to agree that that is serious B.S. and shows poorly on BillUCF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he just started a post saying that Israel should nuke Iran because some of their soldiers were attacked by a loosely-affiliated militia/terrorist group. Next to that, a factual error and a coverup kind of pale in comparison...