Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 05:18 AM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but like a few other people have said, i think $30/month is too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, do you guys fully understand what this program does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Josh,

And do YOU realize that these guys are going to charge you 30$ every month? And for what? A list of table and players? Something that can be done locally in a few minutes. Because it's not the scanning that takes ressources and time, it's the database queries... Scanning is just reading text in the PartyPoker window, it's fast and easy...

And by the way, have you think about the fact that they are selling you something that don't belong to them? Table and player list are the properties of PartyPoker. I can't wait to see Party ban this software...
PTS support
Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

saves me a bit of time?

seriously, it's a good program and all, but i can find good tables on my own if i needed to, and theres no other poker programs that i know of out there that are in this price range. And i dont like monthly payment things, i'd much rather just pay a larger one time fee.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:03 AM

edit: works now
Old 07-17-2006, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
downloaded and successfully used ss yesterday.

used it for a time today, but a few hours in got an error message:

server error: database server error: isc error code:335544327

isc error message: invalid request handle.

tested connection to my pt sql database, said connection was good.

appreciate any help you could give.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes sorry, there was a server error. I rebooted the server and its working fine now. We are working on improving server stability and adding a backup.

-Ben
Old 07-17-2006, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to import my Party Buddy list?
As I see it, it's default is to import PP notes. So everyone I ever took a note on, goes to the SS Buddy list. That's actually not what I want.
How can I only import my Party Buddies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Importing Party buddies is on our to-do list.

-Ben
Old 07-17-2006, 10:25 AM

I am getting a "hash mismatch" error. All the databases of mine are working judging that the "test connection". Am i doing something wrong?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:06 AM

ptssupport,

While centrally serving the contents of the party lobby may get them in trouble (I hope it does not) - you are COMPLETELY wrong about the bottleneck here: it IS table scanning from the lobby. I am absolutely considering paying for SS if they scale the fee by the stakes so that low stakes fees work out to a few bucks a month, even though I'm a registered user of PokerTableScan . Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's not as if SS does a better job of grading the tables (PTS is more functional) - but everytime I try to scan/refresh, SS saves me OVER 7 MINUTES of time (even with heavy filtering of tables) during which my party client would be next to useless if I were using PTS. The database queries are faster and mostly irrelevant by comparison as they don't block Party. (SS also seems faster on database queries, but I can't be sure.)

If you allowed PTS to run on a second machine on the network (I don't know why you are against it - nobody sees anything wrong with this...it's not like Party has anything to say about what I do on my local network) so it wouldn't block the party client, then there'd be no need for SS, but right now they are doing it better. The only question is whether it'll justify the cost.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting a "hash mismatch" error. All the databases of mine are working judging that the "test connection". Am i doing something wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does hitting refresh help? Or does it always say that?

The data packet that SS sends back to you is compressed and encrypted. We also send a hash value to check the integrity of the data. If even a single bit is wrong, then its impossible to unpack the data. The hash mismatch error is saying that some of the data got corrupted when sent to your machine.

If you get that error a lot, you either have a very bad internet connection, or possibly some virus or rootkit on your machine. It certainly wouldn't hurt to scan your machine for viruses.

Do you have access to any other computers you could test from? That could help determine if its your internet connection or computer.

EDIT: I'm also making a change server-side that might help. Try it again in 30 minutes to see if it helped you.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does hitting refresh help? Or does it always say that?

The data packet that SS sends back to you is compressed and encrypted. We also send a hash value to check the integrity of the data. If even a single bit is wrong, then its impossible to unpack the data. The hash mismatch error is saying that some of the data got corrupted when sent to your machine.

If you get that error a lot, you either have a very bad internet connection, or possibly some virus or rootkit on your machine. It certainly wouldn't hurt to scan your machine for viruses.

Do you have access to any other computers you could test from? That could help determine if its your internet connection or computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i am fairly possitive that my computer is virus and malware/spyware free cause i scan it frequently and i use many programs. My connection is DSL 384/128. Its not the fastest (thats for sure) but i doubt that speed its the problem. I cannot refresh cause the refressh button is never "lighted". Also i am always getting the hash mismatch error. Unfortunately i dont have access to another computer to test it. Is is possible that some packets are getting chopped off from my ISP provider? In my country (Greece) some packets that have to do with VoIP (Voice over Internet)programs are getting dropped. Any ideas?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Josh,

And do YOU realize that these guys are going to charge you 30$ every month? And for what? A list of table and players? Something that can be done locally in a few minutes. Because it's not the scanning that takes ressources and time, it's the database queries... Scanning is just reading text in the PartyPoker window, it's fast and easy...

And by the way, have you think about the fact that they are selling you something that don't belong to them? Table and player list are the properties of PartyPoker. I can't wait to see Party ban this software...
PTS support

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clear some things up -

We are not selling the lobby data. We are selling our software that allows your databases to connect with the lobby data. Just as pokertracker isnt selling hand histories, or PAHUD isnt selling player seat data.

All poker software relies on the poker site that the user is playing on. The value (and what we will be charging for) is in the software, not the table list.

Furthermore, the two biggest factors that need to be considered for a program of this nature are:
1) How recent the information is
2) How many tables you have to select from

At the moment, it would be literally impossible for a high level pro to get a recent list of their preferred tables over multiple sites. But the value of that ability would be extremely high. We are designing sixth sense to provide this service, but at the moment since we only provide one site, the full benefits are not yet seen.

As it is - This thread is about Sixth Sense, not PTS or any other program. Please leave all PTS related issues out of this thread (this is not directed to anyone specifically). I realize that our software would fall in the same category, but this thread is not the place for that discussion.

Sorry to be a hardass,
-Dan