Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Israel and the Nuclear Option

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
diplomacy is never out of the question.
whoever starts that war i hope it will be punished severely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty obvious that Iran, using Hizbolla as its proxy, started this war.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this going to leave me, the average, US citizen better off or worse off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say. The US will ultimately benefit if there is a democratic Iran, Iraq, and Syria. I'm saddend because I have come to the conclusion that could only happen with the expediture of lives into the millions.

Stu
Old 07-16-2006, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this going to leave me, the average, US citizen better off or worse off?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, it depends as to whether or not the states that sponsor terrorism, (Iran and Syria in this case) are annihilated. At the very least rendered nearly completely harmless. Furthermore, to be completely honest I believe that the free world would be better off by exterminating this religious fanaticism completely. If it involves killing women, children and destroying the mosques in which this insanity is taught then so be it. It's time to stop pussyfooting around with it and fix the problem by erradicating them from the earth.

That's my opinion though. Surely there will be those that will tell me how evil/wrong/heartless and insensitive I am.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it involves killing women, children and destroying the mosques in which this insanity is taught then so be it. It's time to stop pussyfooting around with it and fix the problem by erradicating them from the earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

In certan sense I agree with you. We have to wage this war in such a way that our enemy is left with no fight in them. However it puts me into an ethical delema which I have yet to resolve. I have a hard time targeting non combatants.

Stu
Old 07-16-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it involves killing women, children and destroying the mosques in which this insanity is taught then so be it. It's time to stop pussyfooting around with it and fix the problem by erradicating them from the earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

In certan sense I agree with you. We have to wage this war in such a way that our enemy is left with no fight in them. However it puts me into an ethical delema which I have yet to resolve. I have a hard time targeting non combatants.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. However, when you have to decide them or us and safety/security, I don't think diplomacy is an option.

If anyone does think diplomacy is an option, please explain how.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed. However, when you have to decide them or us and safety/security, I don't think diplomacy is an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for one I don't think people today are as tough as they were 60 years ago. I think its a little easier to make them truely miserable and knock the fight out of them.

I don' think we need to carpet bomb cities. It may be enough to target vital infrastructure such as power plants, ports, and water treatment facilities, bridges, etc.

Stu
Old 07-16-2006, 11:32 AM

I think that is the only long term solution, but dont think it will happen. Even Israel doesnt have the will for massive attacks and the collateral damage, even if they have the technological capabilities. The US wont get directly involved, even though it would ultimately alleviate the Iraq insurgency problem.

Russia and China will take our inaction as tacit surrender to their influence, and our influence in the ME will disappear.

It is impossible as a humane country to fight an inhumane enemy.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's time to stop pussyfooting around with it and fix the problem by erradicating them from the earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly what you need is a large detention center created for political opponents, enemy aliens, specific ethnic or religious groups or civilians of a critical war-zone.

You might want to avoid using the word concentraion camp though.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly what you need is a large detention center created for political opponents, enemy aliens, specific ethnic or religious groups or civilians of a critical war-zone.

You might want to avoid using the word concentraion camp though.

[/ QUOTE ]

better yet we could try to install democracies in those countries.

Stu
Old 07-16-2006, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the replies. Let me address a few of your points.

1. An air campaign by Israel is not feasable. In the 1980's Israel bombed Iraq's nuclear facilities. In order to do this their fighter aircraft had to use fuel drop tanks to achieve that range. Tehran is much further and Israel has no long range bombers.

2. Israel left Lebannon 6 years ago with a U.N. resolution that Hezbollah be disarmed and the Lebannnon deploy their military along the Lebannon/Israel border. This did not happen, Hezbollah remained on the Israeli border. Hezbollah subsequently raided the Israeli military, kidnapped 2 soldiers, and launched rockets into Israel. This is an act of war and cannot occur without consequences.

3. It is a known fact that Iraqui military personel have been training with Hezbollah in Lebannon for years. Last year I saw a CNN story where they interviewed an Iraqui commander in front of Hezbollah and Iraqui troops at a training compound on the outskirts of Beirut.

In order to fight the terrorist organizations we need to make no distinction between those groups and the countries that support those groups. The time for sticking your head in the sand and appeasing terrorists should be over. Many good men have made the mistake of doing nothing in the face of fascism. Just look what happened when Neville Chamberlain tried to appease Hitler. Time for diplomacy is over for the Muslim fascists. Now is the time to kill them all.