Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much did you pay for all your books?
< $100 6 8.70%
$100 - $200 7 10.14%
$200 - $300 12 17.39%
$300 - $400 6 8.70%
$400 - $500 10 14.49%
>$500 15 21.74%
School is for suckers! 13 18.84%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Do you support Israel?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Israel goes into lebanon all the time and kidnaps civilians there. If Lebanon had responded to this last month by bombing Tel Aviv airport, everyone would protest. It seems that the mood on this forum is that some countries have a right to defend themselves, and other countries don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No kidding? Jews go into Lebanon and snatch civilians at random? For what purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trade. What else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you completely retarded or just a liar? You think Hezbollah will trade random civillians (the people they use as human shields) for Israeli soldiers (or their remains)? The people that Israel "kidnaps" are terrorists.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Israel goes into lebanon all the time and kidnaps civilians there. If Lebanon had responded to this last month by bombing Tel Aviv airport, everyone would protest. It seems that the mood on this forum is that some countries have a right to defend themselves, and other countries don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No kidding? Jews go into Lebanon and snatch civilians at random? For what purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trade. What else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you completely retarded or just a liar? You think Hezbollah will trade random civillians (the people they use as human shields) for Israeli soldiers (or their remains)? The people that Israel "kidnaps" are terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, you're making a mountain out of an ant hill, it's just a foreign student exchange program.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you completely retarded or just a liar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just quoting for posterity. Please be more civil in the future. It helps you to look better when you are wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
You think Hezbollah will trade random civillians (the people they use as human shields) for Israeli soldiers (or their remains)? The people that Israel "kidnaps" are terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, Israel doesn't kidnap random civilians. They kidnap important civilians. And yes, hamas and hezbollah have been willing to engage in hostage trades historically.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Parlance

[ QUOTE ]
if i write a history of modern Israel, it will be called "Get These Motherf*cking Arabs Off This Motherf*cking Land"

[/ QUOTE ]thats why they are blowin themselves up in airplanes and jesuralem buses they dont want to become history like dem redskins
Old 07-16-2006, 09:42 AM

Default Asymmetrical media coverage

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I support Israel, rarely do I hear super-vitriolic things said about Palestine in the news, on the radio, etc, I hear pretty negative things about Israel and Jews all the time. I hate most of the media etc.

[/ QUOTE ]Really ?? What are you watching, Tehran News only?

Would you say that the killing of a Jewish grandmother and her grandson gets usually more airplay in the west than the killing of a Palestinian grandmother and her grandson?

Please give me your perspective, it's be appreciated.

(We will talk about the respective numbers of actually killed Jewish and Palestinian old women and children some other time, yes?)
Old 07-16-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Asymmetrical media coverage

[ QUOTE ]

Please give me your perspective, it's be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the price of waterfront property in both Lebanon &amp; Israel has plummeted. It may be time to go shopping. You can always find a buyer for waterfront property once the dust settles.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:56 AM

Default A way to live somehow

[ QUOTE ]
We are here, the Palestinians are here, the Lebanese are here. We all need to find a way to live somehow.

[/ QUOTE ] That is NOT, however (and unfortunately) the prevailing viewpoint in Jerusalem.

The Palestinians have been ready to talk shop for decades. And they did, too. Every time things looked they were leading to any form or shape af an independent Palestinian state(let), the hardliners in Israel provided another round of extreme violence. And kept upping the ante. (The latest increase in blinds &amp; antes : The Israelis demanded that the Palestinian Authority cracks down on terrorists - at the same time that the IDF was destroying the very infrastructure of the Palestinian Authority!)

The Palestinians have accepted that, after successive and decisive military defeats, the Arabs and the Palestinians can ask for less than they were initially bargaining for.

At the heart of the matter, though, is the old Zionist objective of annexing all of Greater Israel, getting rid of as many "natives" as possible and keeping the land inhabited by Jews in the majority.

Which is a total anachronism, of course. And which renders irrelevant the noble text of your post quoted above.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:58 AM

Default A way to live somehow

[ QUOTE ]
We are here, the Palestinians are here, the Lebanese are here. We all need to find a way to live somehow.

[/ QUOTE ] That is NOT, however (and unfortunately) the prevailing viewpoint in Jerusalem.

The Palestinians have been ready to talk shop for decades. And they did, too. Every time things looked they were leading to any form or shape of an independent Palestinian state(let), the hardliners in Israel provided another round of extreme violence. And kept upping the ante. (The latest increase in blinds &amp; antes : The Israelis demanded that the Palestinian Authority cracks down on terrorists - at the same time that the IDF was destroying the very infrastructure of the Palestinian Authority!)

The Palestinians have accepted that, after successive and decisive military defeats, the Arabs and the Palestinians can ask for less than they were initially bargaining for.

At the heart of the matter, though, is one side's objective of annexing all of Greater Israel, getting rid of as many "natives" as possible and keeping the land inhabited by Jews in the majority.

Which is a total anachronism, of course. And which renders irrelevant the noble text of your post quoted above.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 AM

Default Re: SECOND POLL QUESTION

[ QUOTE ]
You realize that the arabs kinda were there first? After WW2 the western countries felt so bad for the jews that they wanted to give them a country.. Seeing as the jews had religious roots in the middle east it was decided that the jews would have Isreal. No one really cared about the people who lived there before, and the jews (helped by mostly americans) fought with modern weapons against arabs for a country that was not theirs to begin with.

That is why a lot of arabs (mostly represented by palestinians these days) do not acknowledge Isreal. The arabs had been there for 2000 years before the jews kicked them out.

This could be discussed till the end of the world really, but I have one final point:
These kidnappings are an act of desperation, the arabs CANNOT engage Isreal in open war, there is no way. Ask yourself this: What would you do if you felt someone had invaded your country, made it their own and thrown you out into poverty. You would fight wouldn't you? Do anything to destroy the enemy that did that? Well they can't fight with conventional means so they have to..improvise.

Religion sucks :/

Excuse my bad english, it's not my first language.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is laughable. Im sure somebody already made fun of your fatcs for being so erroneous, but if not I will. 2000 years ago, the entire area of Israel was palenstine, a completely jewish state that was occupied by the romans. DOnt believe me? Ever hear of jesus?

Second, this was not arab land at the end of WW2. It was british territory, and the entire area consisted on current day Jordan and Israel. The british decided to divvy up the land, giving 90% to the arabs (creating Jordan) and 10% to the jews. Jerusalem, the holy city, was divided up evenly.

Thirdly, the peace process might have been comsidered to be working. Using terrorism is never the option. Look at Ghandi, ya that didnt work at all right? Israel had given back most of the land won in the war, and the only land they kept was strategic (militarily speaking) land. Have you ever seen a map of Israel after it was created? It was "swiss cheese", impossible to defend.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: SECOND POLL QUESTION

Good post, but muslims believe in one god, not many. It is actually the exact same god that jews believe in. The only difference is if Mohammad was a prophet of this god or not. Also, Mohammad was not jewish, he just used their god to get converts and grow his followers/army.