Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Re: WWE Saturday Night\'s Main Event tonight on NBC 8PM EST!!

Watching this show made me cry. I used to be a die hard wrestling fan, but every aspect of the show was horrible. Joey Styles used to be the best announcer in the biz but now he can't go five words without using the word eXtReMe!!. WTF is going on? Whatever happened to promos and mic skills? Oh well. ..
Old 07-16-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding ECW, I strongly disagree that Test is the best thing going right now. The main events each week have been way more entertaining then the main events and RAW, and I believe that the show is progressing nicely, considering they only have one hour to work with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the world's only Big Show mark? The last 2 main events were watchable because Flair & RVD did their best to put Big Show over, which is too big of a feat for anybody in the company. The Big Show is everything thats wrong with the old Hogan midset of pushing guys just because their big (Earthquake, Yokozuna, Goldberg, etc.).

ECW is not progressing, it's horrible right now. Their pushing Test, Big Show & Mike Knox who all have no talent. It's sad that Sabu is the best guy in the locker room and he's clearly not as good as he was 10 years ago.

SNME tried to cram too much into 2 hours. All the matches were rushed Sabu & the mixed tag were 3 minutes each. DX eliminated 5 guys in 10 minutes. Sabu didn't have time to fix the broken table or set it correctly for the Arabian Facebuster. It's hard to get too extreme when you're given 3 minutes.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WWE has fallen off big time

[/ QUOTE ]

Smackdown and ECW have been quite good lately, it's RAW that has been really bad in recent weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just curious as to what about either SmackDown or ECW has been good. I'm not going to argue about Raw with you since that's going to be completely storyline based, because Monday clearly has all the talent.

Smackdown: The black hole of charisma Mark Henry? Eddie Guerrero (RIP)? King Booker? I swear if I hear William Regal yelling "all hail King Booker" for more than another week or so, I'm going to fly to Stamford and find whoever the retarded writers are on that show...(not really, but hyperbole rules). To its credit, Kendrick and London are good, but there's no good Tag Teams out there and the cruiserweight division is really lacking. And come on...LITTLE BASTARD?!?!?!

ECW: Angle's hurt, RVD had a TON of pot on him, they make it a point for one segment a week to be the Sandman beating the hell out of some random dude (remember "The Zombie"?) Test is the best thing they have going for them. They can't separate from the other shows.

Raw at least has some great workers on the show, and DX's stuff is still entertaining if only because its been so long. Its not like its 1996 or 1997 again in the "Golden Age", but Monday is clearly the best night. Not counting Thursday's for Jarrett's company, which is on its way up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are clearly the person that Vince is pandering to. Smackdown has been the best show for awhile now, because they actually, you know, wrestle. I mean, that's why I used to watch as a kid, but nowadays they are headed away from that direction, which is why I basically have stopped watching.

I was excited for ECW, but with Vince in charge, it's just gonna suck, he'll never let guys be themselves.

I mean, how can you hate Regal and Finlay, they epitomize what "professional wrestling" should be. Not John Cena and his awesome rapping skills. If you are just going to make it a comedy show, then just do it already.

HUSTLE!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HUSTLE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
A couple busted spots, but a good, fast-paced match. Thanks for the link.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:17 PM

Let's give Big Show some credit. He's had never complained about being jobbed out to anyway, had what, 2 short WWE/WWF title reigns, and been thrown in various oddball tag teams. Never heard of him pissing anyone off backstage, has stayed injury-free for the most part, and dropped weight when asked to. He is far more of an athlete than Goldberg/Earthquake/Yokozuna/Diesel ever was, and he can cut a decent promo when given the chance (though much better as a face). I'm pretty sure WWE limits his moveset as well (he did a few moonsaults in WCW). Big Show is probably one of the better big men of all-time, though it's hard to have a bad match vs. Kurt Angle or HHH. I thought his New Year's Revolution match was pretty awesome the way he was selling the hand injury. He'll drop the belt back to RVD when he gets back from suspension.

I think after Summerslam that ECW will stop this Raw/Smackdown invasion crap and concentrate on its own talent. Until then, they'll build for GAB and Summerslam.

Mike Knox going over Sandman, however, will be very very bad. Let's cross our fingers on that one.

Don't forget CM Punk is going to be pushed as well.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching this show made me cry. I used to be a die hard wrestling fan, but every aspect of the show was horrible. Joey Styles used to be the best announcer in the biz but now he can't go five words without using the word eXtReMe!!. WTF is going on? Whatever happened to promos and mic skills? Oh well. ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that show sucked major balls. I went to bed instead of watching the last 40 minutes.

Melina and Trish Stratus are hot though.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:39 PM

Mexican wrestling is better than monday night raw.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM

mexican wrestling has pretty much always been better than monday night raw.

if people want to watch actual wrestling, WWE lately is not the place to go. around the time that Brock, Benoit, and Eddie were at the top you had a rash of a bunch of great matches near the top, not to mention the Christian/Jericho stuff. Not many good matches now, though.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 PM

The "WWE Style" has deteriorated so much that any move not a punch or kick is noteworthy. Especially on Raw, the only performers who regularly bust out great moves are Shelton Benjamin and, um, well, that's about it really.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Regarding ECW, I strongly disagree that Test is the best thing going right now. The main events each week have been way more entertaining then the main events and RAW, and I believe that the show is progressing nicely, considering they only have one hour to work with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the world's only Big Show mark? The last 2 main events were watchable because Flair & RVD did their best to put Big Show over, which is too big of a feat for anybody in the company. The Big Show is everything thats wrong with the old Hogan midset of pushing guys just because their big (Earthquake, Yokozuna, Goldberg, etc.).

ECW is not progressing, it's horrible right now. Their pushing Test, Big Show & Mike Knox who all have no talent. It's sad that Sabu is the best guy in the locker room and he's clearly not as good as he was 10 years ago.

SNME tried to cram too much into 2 hours. All the matches were rushed Sabu & the mixed tag were 3 minutes each. DX eliminated 5 guys in 10 minutes. Sabu didn't have time to fix the broken table or set it correctly for the Arabian Facebuster. It's hard to get too extreme when you're given 3 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I have never been a huge fan of Big Show. But it is not hard to understand why they are pushing Show right now, because with Van Dam getting suspended, there was no other real option to give the title to. Show is being booked better right now then he has in the last 3 years in the normal WWE. He is being portrayed as a dominant presence right now (which is how he was portrayed when he first came to the WWF, and is how he should be utilized.)

Edit: Also, Big Show vs. Flair, and Big Show vs. Taker >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>> the [censored] handicap matches that RAW sticks in the main event slot every week.