Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Would you read a blog if.......

You guys should like have some make up sex and make a video and post on NVG. That would be the nuts.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:03 PM

what exactly happened between liz and msgluck//??
Old 07-14-2006, 09:40 PM

as a member of the World Poker Blogger Tour, and a blogger on poker, drinking, and general degeneration for the last 3 yrs...

I find almost no pros have anything worth reading - mostly it's just them recounting their hand histories during the big tourneys -

If you write a good blog I'll consider reading it - if you move to MN and start going out with me I'll def. read it - if you break my heart I'll trash talk you in my blog -

I love blogging [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 07-14-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MsGluck,

Sorry, I was busy and did not get to see this thread earlier. I just wanted to say two things.

First off, please do not let some of these losers deter you from posting this sort of stuff here, it is the sort of information we are all here to read and I hope you continue to fill us in on stuff like this.

Secondly, if I found out that a poker blog I read was not written by that player, I would feel, in a word, betrayed. When I read a poker blog, I am doing so to make a connection with a player whose experiences, feelings, and writings I can really relate to and it would be an unforgivable betrayal of that trust to portray those writings as their own when they are merely hollow words.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this is one big joke diablo..please say it is.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:22 PM

Not writing your own blog goes pretty much against everything that a blog is supposed to be.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:36 PM

I'd rather read a blog written by the expected author. I'm no literary/writing geek, but I think that it's okay for a blog to be informal and have some English imperfections, etc. Getting stuff in printed form I feel different.

What's the point of a blog not written by the author anyway? A blogograhpy? The most interesting parts of blogs are the personal aspects.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:38 PM

I honestly dont care too much, why would you? It's nice to read an entertaining blog for that reason, it entertains you. If you start getting upset about who actually writes it then you need a reality check. Why on earth would you take something so personally, focus on your own life and dont live it through others!
Old 07-15-2006, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly dont care too much, why would you? It's nice to read an entertaining blog for that reason, it entertains you. If you start getting upset about who actually writes it then you need a reality check. Why on earth would you take something so personally, focus on your own life and dont live it through others!

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't get upset. I would feel betrayed and stop reading it. A blog is supposed to be a personal commentary of someones thoughts, view, etc. Not a manager assisted promotion of their character.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:34 PM

I think it must be a personal thing. I just couldnt feel betrayed by a blog from someone I dont know, will never probably meet and is not or will never be a close friend.

I guess I look at most blogs from a pessimistic persepctive, i.e the only reason they write them is for self promotion and some form of money making in the long term. Thinking that way means it would hardly shock me if many top pros were found out not to be writing their own blogs. At the end of the day if it entertains me great, if it turns out to be written by some homeless tramp then well whatever, its not like its my best friend or girlfriend lying to me, its a blog!
Old 07-16-2006, 07:12 AM

Upset? Betrayed? Not really emotions I would go thru. I would stop reading said blog though and perhaps think less of the person whose blog it was.
Much like I would tend to think something less of a person who wrote someone elses blog for them and then exposed that fact/asked whether we should think less of the presumed writer.
Seriously- this isnt a one way street.