Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: QTs 1/2

If UTG had limped is this still a pf raise? I don't know when to try and isolate in MP with a super loose player UTG.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
73 with 2.15 aggression..........

True

[/ QUOTE ]

We know he's a LAG. No one is arguing that. We know he'll play his hands HARD. He'll have no probs playing this hand that way with A2s for example. I'm taking my stance based on his reasonable pfr% and the fact that we can't even beat TP.

-Caddy

[/ QUOTE ]

villain will play this way with a hand like 44, any flopped pair, any heart draw.

True
True
Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG had limped is this still a pf raise? I don't know when to try and isolate in MP with a super loose player UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

id raise 1 limper w/ QTs
Old 07-13-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call me a puss, but I raise preflop, call the checkraise on the turn, and check the river.

Turn play: I would call the checkrasie cuz I dont wanna get capped here, nor do I wanna stop a bluff.

River play: I wanna bet the river against this guy, but I dont wanna call a checkraise, and I dont wanna fold to a checkraise either, plus it is also possible that this guy is giving up on a bluff and will fold to a bet. Im happy getting 2BB's in on the turn+river with my hand.

Im not saying my way is the right way, but thats how I would play this hand against this guy, for better or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm in the pussy camp too, but I bet the river when checked to.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:05 AM

yes, raise pf, but as played, dont miss your river bet... LAGs like this love to raise scare cards like an ace. Especially if they have two hearts or a low pair. When he checks the river, your queens are usually good, so bet.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

villain will play this way with a hand like 44, any flopped pair, any heart draw.

True
True

[/ QUOTE ]

1) If Villain had 44 (or 66, or QQ) why would we want to 3-bet him? We're an underdog on the turn and will only get ourselves capped.

2) If Villain hit a pair on the flop it would more than likely be one of the following: A6,A4,AQ,KQ,JQ. Why would we want to 3-bet him? Half of those holdings are going to get us capped on the turn and we are an underdog to all of them.

3) If Villain has picked up a flush draw, K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I suppose??) is the most likely, but I would discount the chances of him holding two [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s anyways, since we hold two. The probability drops significantly and especially given his pre-flop action the only reasonable [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s he can hold would be the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and maybe 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

-Caddy
Old 07-15-2006, 01:19 PM

Preflop: Since UTG limped, raising would be better.

Turn: Fine.

River: Looks like SB C/R the turn with some kind of draw, maybe K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You can probably bet for value here.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:55 PM

Without reading the replys.

Raise PF. Call the turn c/r, 3 betting is bad. Bet the river and fold to a c/r.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Since UTG posted, raising would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed my post. I meant to say "posted". If UTG limped, I would overcall.