Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 06:03 PM

Default 100NL fold nut full house??

villain unknown
i forgot why i checked the flop i normally would bet there.
by the turn i was like i have the nuts lets hope he pairs a jack or queen falling on the river so he can pay me off. no way i can fold the river right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($124.45)
CO ($245.05)
Button ($404.65)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($227.85)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB ($104.90)</font>
UTG ($43)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $3.5</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($8) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($18) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $95.90 (All-In), Hero ???
Old 07-15-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: 100NL fold nut full house??

Checking the flop and turn is a pretty huge mistake, and makes this hand really weird.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:17 PM

As played checking the river with the intention of calling seems best here because pocket pairs that you beat will likely bet and weaker hands that you have beat probably wont call your pot bet off the end and you dont want to play for stacks here which is what your pot bet on the end accomplishes in my opinion.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:22 PM

am i stupid this is easy surely? your only losing to the case A i call all day every day and every day after that.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:44 PM

But what do you think opponent is calling with from the BB and taking a line like this KK-TT maybe (seems less likely because of no reraise pf) and AK-A2 which seem more likely as there are more ways to make these hands probably wont reraise pf with many of them and will push/put in a large raise on the river with them %100 of the time.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the flop and turn is a pretty huge mistake, and makes this hand really weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board I think checking the flop is the best play by far. A lot of people will call you on that board with any PP, and that puts you in an ugly spot on the turn.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board I think checking the flop is the best play by far. A lot of people will call you on that board with any PP, and that puts you in an ugly spot on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
It does?

I'm betting the flop and near any turn too, why are we fearing the ace so much here?
Old 07-15-2006, 07:11 PM

FeneF-

we're not fearing the ace, our opponent probably is. If we bet this flop, he's probably not calling with anything we beat.

However, if we check the flop, he's likely to bluff/overvalue a pocket pair or a random piece of the board he hits on the turn.

Once he checks through, and the 3rd A comes, I think we should bet the flop. He's likely to go nuts with a random pocket pair.

As played, I call the river.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:12 PM

I know your probably not against some "random hand" but you will win 95% of the time against a "random hand" (According to pokerstove).

Based on the action I think you are up against a smaller pocket pair too many times to consider folding this river.

Side note, if you are not comfortable putting your stack in on the end then I would have made a decent bet by the turn, although if you bet the turn and are re-raised all in I guess your in the same position as you are on the river. I still dont think I am folding this hand ever.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FeneF-

we're not fearing the ace, our opponent probably is. If we bet this flop, he's probably not calling with anything we beat.

However, if we check the flop, he's likely to bluff/overvalue a pocket pair or a random piece of the board he hits on the turn.

Once he checks through, and the 3rd A comes, I think we should bet the flop. He's likely to go nuts with a random pocket pair.

As played, I call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense I suppose. I suppose c-betting the flop after raising is just really automatic for me. I don't think betting the flop is bad though, you would do so on a QQ6 board yes? Is there that much difference?