Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Limp/3-bet by an unknown UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that's extremely embarassing, I copy pasted the wrong HH from my list of KK hands in PT. Now I can't edit anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. They looked and played the same so I didn't catch it on my skim during the post preview, sorry about that :P

Here is the real hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG calls</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

sirasoni

keep capping bro!
Old 07-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Some retard limp-reraised me today when I had AA. He didn't scare me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend not to like threads where the villain is a complete unknown but despite much datamining I simply didn't have a history on this guy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

What do we put him on after the limp/rr from utg? Do we put him on AA enough to have to fold somewhere? Or do we call down? Am I screaming major MUBS?

I can't help but feel like I completely butchered this hand up, so any comments welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, what do i put the villian on with this hand? JJ's, but i gather from reading the rest of the thread this was not the hand you wanted to ask that question about....but just like a politican does, i answered the question i want to answer, not the one you want to ask... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that's extremely embarassing, I copy pasted the wrong HH from my list of KK hands in PT. Now I can't edit anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. They looked and played the same so I didn't catch it on my skim during the post preview, sorry about that :P

Here is the real hand

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG calls</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it looks like he has AA's, and to him it looks like you have AA-QQ, AKs, most probably AKs, least probably AA...

i think you both played it astutely and straightforward...you calling down, and him continuing to bet out...and the next time you two pair up (that is if you do), you will both have the same impression of each other that you are smart but not tricky...if you continue to meet up you both will undoubtedly adjust your play to each other...you to fold earlier in a similar circumstance, and him to slowplay some...fun game eh?

one final thought about mistaken posting...don't worry about that--there are plenty of people that love to point out errors of others, and as i try to please everyone, i sprinkle a few errors (many times more than a few) in my posts just them...so even though you made a mistake, there are those that feel some good from it... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]