Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Do you like my line?

Villian is a TAG (20/17/3.67) over ~65 hands.

I'm checkraising the flop because I expect villian to raise with a lot of AJ+ hands that missed the flop, and I have previously checkraised from this position with stronger hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 01-18-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Do you like my line?

this line works on me most of the time when i have overs. i call the checkraise and fold to the turn lead. so, yeah, i guess i like it.

ps, is there anything I can do to avoid people playing back at me when i raise preflop and the board comes rags?
Old 01-18-2006, 10:26 PM

i have similar but slightly less aggressive stats as villain and will 3 bet AK/AQ in this position if i feel a play like this coming on to me and the player seems to be smart enough to drop when played back at... really just player dependent

i'll also make the same play you did quite a bit... however against this aggro of an opponent i'd just suck the no set hit up and fold as there is a fairly good chance he'll put you off the best hand with further aggression (if my 20/12/2 stats make this 3 bet quite a bit, this guy certainly is capable)

i'd choose a more passive opponent on a better board to make this play on...
Old 01-18-2006, 10:36 PM

also, considering the guy is 20/17, his raising range is wider than mine and i'd have no problem open raising with severaly hands that could easily have grabbed this board, odds that he did are much more likely
Old 01-19-2006, 01:05 AM

On 1/2 maybe this play will work, I dunno. But on such a draw-heavy flop at higher limits, I think your folding equity against overcards is practically nil, and an aggressive opponent will often 3-bet you with a worse hand (especially if that hand contains a high diamond or two). I know that if I'm holding AxJd, for example, I'm 3-betting this flop.

A better option might be to check/call the flop (when SB folds) and then donk a brick turn card. Far fewer players will raise the turn without at least a pair.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP