Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 02:31 PM

Default PP $0.50/$1.00 78os Flopped OESD

I'm fairly new to cash games, having worked my way up from $1.20 NL SNGs at PS to $11 NL SNGs, dabbling a bit recently in the $22s, but having a bad run, so I'm trying to see if Limit is better suited for my aggressive style ... What I'm finding is my aggressiveness is winning small pots and losing big ones in the SNGs, and hence I'm getting into the top 5 alot, but recently having troubles ... I'm likely to play almost any two cards in the right spot, and understand the value of position, so this helps in playing ... I basically got "berated" by the loser of this hand, and want to see what others thought ... I like to play connectors against some raises, because if they hit, you can win a "huge" pot (in BB terms, at 50 cent/buck, it's not alot of money) ... I'd appreciate comments on how I played this, specifically even if I perhaps should have raised the flop with my draw and if so, what percentage of times ...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Even though I had to call two small bets on the flop, I was getting 5.5:1 to hit a 3:1 shot (with two to come), expecting at least the SB to call the bet, as well ... On the turn, I'm getting 8:1 to hit the 6:1 shot, and again expecting the SB to call as well ...

I figured that even if I don't hit the straight on the turn, I'm now going to have the proper pot odds to call any bet, except a SB bet, BB raise on the turn ... And, in essence, I don't care what the other players have here, except perhaps the SB having a suited Ace of spades, since he bet out the flop (maybe As6s) and then checked the turn (which I will often due with a hand that just picked up a big draw on the turn) ... If I hit, I win a big pot, and if I miss, I won't lose anything on the river ...

Are these kind of hands going to be leaks for me, or did I play this right ???
Old 07-15-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Re: PP $0.50/$1.00 78os Flopped OESD

Fold preflop....

postflop however is fine and standard, there are a lot of implied odds to factor in (aswell as having to call a turn bet) that adjust what your odds look like, in terms of effective / required.

True