Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 09:03 AM

Default WSEX check bounce

I deposited a check into my savings account on 7/7/2006. On 7/12/2006 it was deducted out of my savings account and a bounced check fee was also taken from my account. Anyone else having this problem??
Old 07-15-2006, 10:49 AM

Default Re: WSEX check bounce

First, my apologies. This is completely unacceptable.

Please email your account information at wsex_gm@wsex.com. Of course we will cover any fees you may have incurred and make sure you are properly compensated for this incident.

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com
Old 07-15-2006, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. It is on my wifes account and she just got done talking to support (Lisha). Lisha was extremely helpful and professional. The situation has been taken care of.
Everytime I have used support I have been very pleased.

Thank you again for the great support.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Wow. Sure beats the holy guacomole out of Party or Poker Room's support. Very impressive.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:30 PM

Hey, don't compare pokerroom to party. Though it does take pokerroom 21 days to answer e-mails, they are very helpful. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 07-16-2006, 02:28 AM

Very impressive.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:21 AM

Are you saying your withdrawal check from WSEX originally bounced? That's kind of scary, you would think they would have enough money to cover the checks they send out.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2006, 06:09 AM

I was thinking about this earlier, and it probably happens more often than you would think, with all poker sites. The accounts they write checks on are going to be seperate from their other accounts (payroll, electricity, whathaveyou) which are funded likely in excess of their needs. Cashouts on the other hand, would not require much of a buffer in the account, as all expenses are known and fixed. It is likely that every once in a while, someone makes a clerical error and does not transfer enough to the cashout account. This in my mind is not scary, as any poker site that was having troubles would likely have other areas of their operation falling apart long before it affected cashouts. Especially a big company like WSEX. Unless your company is run by Dutch Boyd.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:19 AM

Default WTF Is Wrong With You Guys

Bouncing a cash out check should be a HUGE warning.You can try to justify it in your minds however you want so you dont have to face reality. After all there isnt any rake so what else matters?
Now lets look at the situation.Several of you are impressed that WSEX promised to make good on something that should not have happened.One of you claimed that it was a clerical error and funds were not transferred in time.Possible.One of you claimed WSEX is a big company.I will take your word on it.
Now if WSEX is a big company in good standing with their bank and the financial community and they do make the occassional clerical error there is no way in hell the bank is going to let their checks bounce. At the very least the bank would call WSEX and let them know they had one or two checks to pay out on with not enough funds in account to cover them. The bank might even ask if WSEX wants to transfer funds from another account to cover those checks.The bank might even ask WSEX if they want to set up overdraft protection for their accounts, which any well run, creditworthy business would already have in place anyways.
Do you guys see any red flags or is it just me from being in business for 30 years going down the same path with the same end results that have me paranoid?