Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 06:50 PM

Default 7/14 - UPGRADES

V1.0.0.16 is out!

Here are a list of the upgrades. You'll see alot of your feedback has shown itself in this version [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SERVER UPGRADES:
1) We now support ALL party NLHE and LHE tables
2) Faster + more reliable listing

CLIENT UPGRADES:
1) "Open Table" button added. Doubleclick any table in the Sixth Sense program while your PartyPoker Lobby is open, and it will search/open the table for you! No more easter-egg hunting!
2) Buddy list! Unlimited buddies, but if you have more than 500 or so it might slow you down. You also now have the ability to score your buddies (1-5) based on their profitability. If you do not want to use the scoring option, you can now sort the table list by the # of buddies seated.
3) CUSTOMIZABLE FISH SCORING - Choose your own rules and apply it to all of the players you have statistics on.
4) Fixed a bug in the Sixth Sense fish scorer which caused scores to show up incorrectly in full ring games.

You asked for it, we did it. Just wait to see what comes next [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2006, 07:21 PM

Default Re: 7/14 - UPGRADES

SixthSense -- looks very cool. Could you give a quick FAQ on how to create custom scoring rules? Thanks!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:32 PM

Hmmm, I'm not getting any scores. Anybody else having this problem? It's definitely querying the PT db, because the # of hands, etc. show up. Any ideas?
Old 07-14-2006, 07:33 PM

You could just publish the data in an XML file on a webserver like RSS and then the user could manually download hte file to their HD and then us it that way. Would solve the problem of ppl being paranoid.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:11 PM

im probably completely misusing this software.

but is there a reason why you cannot refresh and it never does?

what am i doing in correctly =[
Old 07-14-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

Personally I'll never download any software that:

1) knows I play poker
2) sends anything anywhere

Having my security breached is WAY too much of a risk (compared to the tiny benefit any such software could provide me).

It would be far too easy for the software to transmit innocently for a long period (eg. 6 months), but to meanwhile capture and store on my machine (in a form I couldn't identify) any 'useful' stuff about my security (eg. user names, passwords, account details, etc). Then to transmit it all in one little, innocuous packet. (For this reason I will never allow any 3rd party poker tool to automatically check for updates.)

Even one such successful 'raid' could net the thieves far more profit then they'd ever be able to earn from selling software. What they could earn from a hundred or more such raids beggars belief (and negates trust).

Who is doing these "Security Reviews"? Who is paying the cost of them? How do we know the results aren't faked? Etc. Clearly there is no formal process for this, it is just people throwing an impressive sounding phrase around. "Security Reviews" are impossible in any package that gets updates, unless there is a very formal, independent and expensive process in place. That clearly ain't gonna be happening here.

I may be paranoid. Heck, I AM paranoid - but I know that there ARE people out there who are after my money. This company may (or may not) be among them. The benefit of their software doesn't come close to compensating for the risk.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im probably completely misusing this software.

but is there a reason why you cannot refresh and it never does?

what am i doing in correctly =[

[/ QUOTE ]

Please check your log file, there might be an error message there. The most likely culprit is not selecting your PT database correctly. Be sure to follow all the directions on the Sixth Sense site for setting it up to find your database. Also, in the dialog to select your database, be sure to try the "Test Connection" button before you close the dialog to make sure it works.

Let me know how that works.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I'll never download any software that:

1) knows I play poker
2) sends anything anywhere

Having my security breached is WAY too much of a risk (compared to the tiny benefit any such software could provide me).

[/ QUOTE ]

We understand your concerns. There are some options to help you increase your security.

You can install and run Sixth Sense on a user-level account (as opposed to an admin level account). In Windows XP it is simple to create a new account like that. Then you just run Sixth Sense (SS) with that user, and do a Switch User back to the account with Party Poker. You will lose the ability to directly open a table using SS, but gain security and peace of mind.

Finally I assure you we have no desire to hijack any of your passwords, etc. I am a software developer with 14 years of experience, and have developed several reputable products and websites.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I'm not getting any scores. Anybody else having this problem? It's definitely querying the PT db, because the # of hands, etc. show up. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please see my reply to TheAnswer. Also, open the custom scoring dialog (CTRL-S) and make sure "Use Custom Scoring" is NOT checked.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:52 PM

I'm getting the popup "Scored x Tables and y Players" and the log shows "Scoring Tables" and then "Scoring Finished". I doublechecked that the "Custom scoring" was unchecked, and still no luck.

It's definitely seeing the PokerTracker db, because it's pulling in the stats on the people I have played with. Any other ideas?

Another thing that would be nice is the ability to hide full tables.