Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: stars 150 seats guaranteed

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Fulltilt 100 seat giveaway might be a better value

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely better from an odds/player perspective, since the Tilt tourny has the bigger buy-in at $500+$35 and is maxed out at 3,600 players. Worst case scenario is 1/22 of the players get seats, Stars is 1/31 or so...
Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Justin notified me that you can roll the seat over to next year if you can show proof that you already have won a seat for this year (e.g. an confirmation e-mail from Harrah's).

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that I've already won my seat through Stars, I assume I won't have to show proof, correct? (not that it would be a big deal if I had to -- this is more just of a nitty 'I have to show you proof I won a seat, even though I won my seat through your site!?!?' type question).

The current Stars policy is to award repeat qualifiers with $10k in W$ (that is, qualifiers who have already won a seat through Stars, and then win another one through Stars) -- so is Jurollo confirming that players who won their first seat through Stars could roll their second seat (if won through Stars) over to '07?

Again, this is kind of nitty; I'm sure I won't be cashing on Sunday, but I'm curious nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a second seat on Stars, you just automatically get 10K W$ + 1K cash the second after you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I qualified via a $27 sat, and I'm horrible, so I think the field will be pretty soft for this for 2+2ers...

[/ QUOTE ]

I did just sign up for one, on a whim thing, and u just played conservatively the whole time, or were u card happy??....I'm very curious bc you claim to be "horrible"

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much played tight aggressive poker and didn't bluff / overplay hands especially early. people loved top pair any kicker so i got a few chips early that allowed me to play that way until the 200/400 blind level really.

in addition, my AA and KK both held up toward the end, which helps, and as someone else said, once the end was near people played REALLY tight so stealing once or twice per orbit to keep the stack healthy was pretty easy...

[/ QUOTE ]

I might try again, but with 15 qualifiers I finished in 61st...I was completely card dead and picked up AQ and pushed on a flop of Q57 and was called by 68 and the rest is history.....
Old 07-12-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I qualified via a $27 sat, and I'm horrible, so I think the field will be pretty soft for this for 2+2ers...

[/ QUOTE ]

I did just sign up for one, on a whim thing, and u just played conservatively the whole time, or were u card happy??....I'm very curious bc you claim to be "horrible"

[/ QUOTE ]

I played one on a whim last night, because I have no money online, and was waiting for it to hit Neteller so I could play some of the sats.

So I played a really crappy 150 FPP rebuy TURBO instead, lol. I had 750 FPP on Stars, and used them all during the rebuy and add on. Only had 4000 or so chips AFTER the add-on, with the 200/400 blinds, or whatever. I didn't see a single flop the rest of the way - pushed or folded PF.

8 seats ended up being available, from a starting field of 550 or so. I managed to make it in, so I guess I won't need that money to play sats after all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It was such a crapshoot. I was chip leader at the FT with 150k, with 20k/40k blinds.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:51 AM

can you use W$ to pay for the entry to this satellite?
Old 07-13-2006, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can you use W$ to pay for the entry to this satellite?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 07-13-2006, 06:24 AM

Qualified for it today. The last hand of the qualifier was a player who limped K2o preflop bluffing into the nut flush on the river for a LOT of chips when there were 3 stacks with an M of <2. God I love satelites.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:24 AM

This tournament had 300 players in it when i won my FPP sat on Sunday it now has over 2000 with 3 and a half days to go and god knows how many satellites/SnG's between now and then, could there possibly be more than 150 seats up for grabs???????
Old 07-14-2006, 05:24 PM

I won my seat last night in a $27 sat. There DEFINATELY will be more than 150 seats up for grabs. THey wouldn't have ran this if they weren't pretty sure it would exceed the guarantee (just like the 1mill guarantee). My guess is close to 6000 or so runners with close to 200 seats to give away.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:45 AM

I don't get how is that a better value on Tilt, just because they have a higher buyin. By that logic Stars usual $650 tourneys are the best value.

Does Tilt give you free hotel too?