Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: U.S. stands Alone in defense of Israel

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Vatican condemns Israel for attacks on Lebanon...</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

TaintedRogue condemns the Vatican for thinking that they are an instrument of peace. They should keep their mouths shut and stay in their little city, count their money, compute the rise in their net worth, and stay out of world affairs.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If America post cold war remained neutral and isolationist in regards to the Middle East, Americans wouldn't be dying in foreign wars or spending itself into economic oblivion like it is today.

[/ QUOTE ]

When was America ever neutral or isolationist towards the middle east? Certainly not in my life time. Anyways are you suggesting that after the cold war America should have completely ignored the middle east? That is allow things like , letting Saddam Hussien grab Kuwait, or OPEC to conduct its business in Euro's instead of dollars? If the United States completely ignored the middle east, from the time the cold war ended to present, the Iranians would likely now be in control of 30-40% of the worlds oil reserves and already be in possesion of nuclear weapons.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said "became" rather than "remain".

In retrospect, it would have been wiser for America to stay out of the Middle East including the first Gulf war. What good came of it? How many babies in incubators were saved? The only effective political system for Iraq that would keep a certain balance is a hard line secular dictator. But America has gotten rid of one, only to be replaced by "democratic" Muslims who act like religious dictators anyway.

Would there be a problem with any Muslim nation today if America was not seen as the protector of Israel? I think not.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:47 PM

Drawing conclusions from observance does not equate with racism or anti-semitism. I have no prejudiced views concerning any ethnic group. I just call what I see.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drawing conclusions from observance does not equate with racism or anti-semitism. I have no prejudiced views concerning any ethnic group. I just call what I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drawing conclusions about an entire race or ethnic group of people based on a few anecdotal observances IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF RACISM OR PREJUDICE. You obviously don't see this, and I don't care, but now that your views are more public, others will see it, and thats all that I care about, becuase it marginalizes every other opinion you espouse, as based in your own private biases based on anecdotal observances.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:54 PM

So it would be racist and prejudiced to say that black Jamaicans are the fastest runners in the world?
Old 07-14-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So it would be racist and prejudiced to say that black Jamaicans are the fastest runners in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your evidence for that was that you were at a race once, and that you saw a really fast black jamaican...

Or I'm sorry, did I miss the post where you talked about how you had read statistics that, as a group, Russian Jews are nastier to customs officials than any other group, or that, as a group, Russian Jews tend to gyrate annoyingly in public on purpose to piss everyone else off.

Peter, you're not winning this argument, and the only people who might possibly back you up are themselves prejudiced. Even Andyfox called you out on that post in the other thread.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note this statement is different than "The fastest runners in the world are black Jamaicans."
Old 07-14-2006, 06:02 PM

Peter626,

The USA's support of Israel is done so because it is in our interest, not out of any sense of morality. First of all, the USA supports Israel because their enemies are our enemies. Secondly, it is a stretegic advantage to have a foot in the Middle East.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your evidence for that was that you were at a race once, and that you saw a really fast black jamaican...

Or I'm sorry, did I miss the post where you talked about how you had read statistics that, as a group, Russian Jews are nastier to customs officials than any other group, or that, as a group, Russian Jews tend to gyrate annoyingly in public on purpose to piss everyone else off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to hijack, but in modern times, irregardless of whether or not one has piles of statistical evidence proving a point or not, doesn't espousing any belief indicating that an individual ethnic group is in any way different from another make one a racist?
Old 07-14-2006, 07:57 PM

You are correct. I don't think the US does anything out of morality, but they sure like to make it seem so. The standard line is "we want to bring democracy to the world." They are very quick to bring "democracy" to nations with large oil reserves or who have strategic/economic advantages to themselves, but quite slow in places like Africa.