Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: SSNL: Normal Swings?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP: Play more tables. Full ring decisions are somewhat more simple and mechanical (and less frequent) so 8+ tables should be your goal.

Oh, and I usually 12 table for up to 4 hours, biggest swings have been +/- 12ish buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez. i just started 4 tabling FR and it can be overwhelming. usually i do okay until i'm involved in a pot in 2 or 3 of my tables, then i think i get a little run over. i guess i'll have to adjust slowly though and hopefully move up to 6 or even 8 tables in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moving up in table limits just takes practice. Try adding 1 more table at a time.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the usual BB or buyin swings that you go through in a session?

I 4 table NL100 full ring for 4-8 hours at once and am wondering what the typical/normal swings a 'winning' player goes through over the course of each session?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know for myself after I lose more then 2 buy-ins or if I lose a couple big pots in a row I usually get upset and stop playing before I start playing badly. If you are completely serene in your poker playing then you shouldn't worry about the size of a swing as you are still playing your A game. For those of us who aren't Gandhi we can often make a swing worse by getting upset and continueing playing at a sub-optimum level ie. I tend to bluff more and bigger when I start to get a little tilty.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:11 AM

if i am playing well i expect to swing 7-10 buyins. I swing like crazy: An average 4-6 hour session will often include being +3 buyins to then being -4 buyins and finally finishing +2. My most extreme day was about 8 hours and went +4 to -6.5 to fishing +8.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:07 AM

12 tables, 3-4 hour sessions, lost 5 buyins during one session, won 12 buyins during one. generally i don't have crazy swings because i am a 15/7 FR nit.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 AM

Normal swings? These are mine this month:

Old 07-14-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP: Play more tables. Full ring decisions are somewhat more simple and mechanical (and less frequent) so 8+ tables should be your goal.

Oh, and I usually 12 table for up to 4 hours, biggest swings have been +/- 12ish buyins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just add tables until you feel comfortable. I quickly worked my way up to 12 from 4 when speed clearing a bonus, and it became pretty easy to do after I adjusted. I quit after a month though because it was tedious and just not enjoyable for me, I'd rather play fewer 6max tables for the time beign

jeez. i just started 4 tabling FR and it can be overwhelming. usually i do okay until i'm involved in a pot in 2 or 3 of my tables, then i think i get a little run over. i guess i'll have to adjust slowly though and hopefully move up to 6 or even 8 tables in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2006, 03:01 AM

DW,
your graph makes me feel better about how I'm running. Thank you for sharing.