Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Question regarding preflop

I don't think his range was AA, KK, QQ, or AK - was just using that as an example.

On the flop I thought there was some chance I had the best hand, some chance he could fold an overpair, and I had some chance of improving. I hate to use the M word but metagame also factored in here.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:00 PM

As I said, if it's a semi-bluff (i.e. you might be ahead, he might fold a slightly better hand, and you have a chance to improve if you're behind) then I don't fully hate it. But preflop, he's just not deep enough to make the call even remotely profitable. Most of the time you're going to completely whiff the flop or flop middle pair or something and you will end up folding to his bet. And he's not deep enough to make a move at the pot. Which is also why I think it's wishful thinking that he'll lay down an overpair here. He put in 20% of his stack preflop against a fairly wild player. He's not folding the flop if he has a real hand.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:08 PM

Thanks, actually you must have added a second paragraph to your previous post because I missed it the first time.

Just a limidonk trying to learn your ways...dealing with pot-size preflop reraises is not in HEPFAP.