Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Re: What does your football team need to do to improve this offseason?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hear Bates is probably going to follow Sherman wherever he goes.
What do you think about Sherman? From what I've seen of him, he:
A) goes for it on 4th&short in FG range up by 14 in the 4th Qtr when a FG can ice the game (Vikings game last year)
B) punts on 4th & short in opponent's territory when a 1st down can clinch the game and Ahman Green has 200 yards rushing (Eagles playoff game).

Other than that he seems ok. Is it fair to say he's good at most things except gametime decisions kinda like Herm Edwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherman never stood up to Favre. He's a terrible leader. Favre made mistakes and Sherman completely excused them saying "He knows he made mistakes." Holmgrem would have benched Favre at many points during the season and that's why Holmgrem was a winner in GB and Sherman is a loser.

In game Sherman is one of the worst coaches in the league. He doesn't make good deciscions (as you pointed out) but he also wastes time outs, wastes challenges and runs stupid plays. i.e. counters on the goalline, play action on 3rd and long, draws on second and long.

During the week Sherman can't 'work the kinks out.' By that I mean, look at the number of false starts, illegal procedure and defensive holding calls. That has to fall on the head coach at some point for not having a disciplined team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the input -
But lets not kid ourselves. Neither Holmgren nor anybody else would've or could've benched Favre.
It was like Jimmy Johnson in Miami. Maybe it would've been best to axe Marino, but it's too sacreligious - he would've been lynched for doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holmgrem did bench Favre when he was in GB when Favre was making the types of mistakes he was making this year.