Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Bellagio blood (cross post)

So Im playing 25/50 NL and nothing to exciting is happening Im up a little and the game dies at like 3 am so I decide to play some 10/20 as the stacks look pretty deep. Everything is smooth sailing and I feel like Im seeing through the cards so Im happy. At some point some guy that is unfortunately the protoypical image of the obnoxious New yorker sits in(I worked in NY for 18 years and love the city but some of its residents give it a bad name) hes playing like 8k and has some talent.

Early in his session he picks off a bluff by me for like a 1400 pot so not bad and good advertising. He insists on seeing my hand which Im happy to show since I want to get paid later.(I act annoyed) After a few orbits with him 2 to my left I keep raising and betting and hes getting annoyed. I then raise ak on the button and he flat calls flop akq with rainbow he checks I bet he raises I call looking for a nice turn to move in on him. Turn J and the 2nd diamond . He bets pot and every bone in my body tells me he has q10 of diamonds and I show him what a pushover I am while I fold face up.(sorry sheets, but it had a purpose) He shows the q10 diamonds with the royal redraw if I hit top boat on river, whew. I probably could have taken him off the hand on the flop but I thought I would stack him on the blank and be able to access the situation on a scare card.

I keep going after him and he promises the next time I bet the flop after raising hes coming over the top of me, I just smile. Next orbit I pick up 75 off and raise he calls. The flop is J75 rainbow, he checks I bet pot he raises and I reraise which gets an instant push from him. Im sure he doesnt have a set since the way he plays he calls the reraise and tries to get the money in on the turn(not that, that is a bad way)so he has aj j7 64 or total [censored] since he has seen me lay down big hands. This is an auto call with our history and I feel good about it. Turns out he has 64 and rivers the straight after telling me he hit it on turn. I say nice hand and he starts laughing and chatting to the guy next to him how great he is blah blah. I didnt say a word but unfortunately I literally bit my tongue to keep my mouth shut. So I notice the blood(tastes funny) but I cant get up since I dont want him to think hes gotten to me. I play for an hour and then take a shower break. I was sure he would be gone but whatever. I come back hes still there and I abuse him for like 2500 and he quits. Oh well I assume my tongue will heal eventually :-)

Thor
Old 07-11-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Bellagio blood (cross post)

Great story, Thor. You should've tackled him and spat the blood in his face, screaming, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN!!! HAAHAH"
Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM

that is the longest bad beat/self congratulatory post i've ever had the displeasure of reading. did you really have to put it in TWO forums instead of, you know, zero?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:27 PM

I thought it was a good story. :-/
Old 07-11-2006, 10:30 PM

nah, just wait til your next raise, then laugh hysterically, while letting the blood run down your chin.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:47 PM

so how much did you buy in for etc, and end up losing then winning some back?
Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He bets pot and every bone in my body tells me he has q10 of diamonds and I show him what a pushover I am while I fold face up.(sorry sheets, but it had a purpose) He shows the q10 diamonds with the royal redraw if I hit top boat on river, whew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was the best part of the story.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:28 AM

Location: Grinding and chipping away at the miserable rocks in the murky underworld that is low-limit poker.

salty.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:54 AM

i think he should have taken his finger and wiped it in stripes on his face like he was getting ready for the hunt in Predator hahaha. then you can steal all day b/c i certainly wouldnt wanna piss you off.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 AM

I learned a lot from this post! Thanks thorladen.
O yeah, and your a genius for knowing he had exactly Q10