Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 04:29 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Thin Value or let him Barrell?

What I knew about villian was that he was at least a semispazz and he was a bit of a showdown monkey.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

plus a bonus conversation that may allow people to just say "yeah, it's instict, whatever"

pokerbob (1:12:06 AM): why 3bet that flop?
homelessrickshaw (1:12:22 AM): Blink
homelessrickshaw (1:12:34 AM): I just knew my hand was good i guess
pokerbob (1:12:49 AM): i think this is where BK wouls say call down
pokerbob (1:12:54 AM): let him barrell off
pokerbob (1:13:09 AM): but i dont know how to play against those retards
homelessrickshaw (1:13:34 AM): well you can ask him. but while i think there's always a spot for letting peopel barrell off
homelessrickshaw (1:13:47 AM): there are also spots to just jam right back and own them
homelessrickshaw (1:14:14 AM): if he happens to remember me that hand will make him think twice in the future
pokerbob (1:14:16 AM): but you may already be beat
pokerbob (1:14:24 AM): i suppose
homelessrickshaw (1:14:27 AM): i wasn't :-P
pokerbob (1:14:47 AM): i guess BK just always says call those [censored] down
homelessrickshaw (1:19:35 AM): again, there are definietly spots for that, and i'm a big fan of letting people barrell off, it's fun. and agian it's kind of a blink thing, just knwonig based on bet timing, board texture, adn whatever else that lets you know your hand is best and tha tyou can either make him call down with A high or fold and eithe rway he feels owned
Old 07-11-2006, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Thin Value or let him Barrell?

You have position so I just call this down from the flop raise and bet when checked to. There are not many worse hands that will call you down after your flop 3bet.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:48 AM

I'd call down the flop raise and represent AK to villian. 3-betting represents TPTK or better and allows villian to get off cheaply with a worse hand or punish you with a better one. Calling the flop raise looks like AK/AQ and villian will play incorrectly against you more often using this line than your flop 3-bet line.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:53 AM

Yeah calling down from the flop checkraise is my standard line, but nice pwnage. Is that Blink book really that good?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:57 AM

At 10/20 there is a good chance you scared his QQ into calling down. Overall plenty of merit to this vs those types though.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-11-2006, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At 10/20 there is a good chance you scared his QQ into calling down. Overall plenty of merit to this vs those types though.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

could you elaborate why you think there is merit to this? he is never ever folding a better hand, and i'm not sure he is going to incorrectly fold a hand with outs like AK, AQ or KQ.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Just for value and to show him that its going to get expensive for him to keep screwing around on the flop with AK high or whatever. To pacify him later.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-11-2006, 03:30 PM

Preflop: If it was heads/up I'd like the cap, but since the BB called I would prefer to just call with the intention of raising a friendly flop. (FWIW, I consider the one you got to be fairly friendly)

Flop: Considering that you capped it preflop, I think a 3bet is fine. This isn't that much of a danger flop, so your opponent may be taking a stab at you with ace high.

Turn: No sense slowing down now giving a free river to an overcard(s).

River: I'd keep value betting as well. I think there are very few hands that beat you that a LAG would not have put in more action with. I'd just call and hope I don't get shown JTs or something like that.

Just my opinion...
Old 07-11-2006, 07:12 PM

I wouldn't 3 bet that flop...just call him down...if he's bluffing with ace high then let him go...he's obviously going to showdown.