Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Party 1/2: 99 vs reraise

Villain has been very aggressive pf, e.g. open raising on A9o and 3-betting T9s. Comments welcome on all streets.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 07-11-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Party 1/2: 99 vs reraise

I think the hand is fine. The turn three bet is actually a lot closer than you may think but I think it's AK, AQ often enough.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:09 PM

After looking at the hand I'd like to make some additional comments regarding your turn play.

Innitially, I really dug the turn lead because he's slowplaying something a lot here and will raise it a lot, opening us up to a three bet. But after considering it some, I don't really know how much I like where we stand versus his slowplaying range.

Other hands in his range include JJ and QQ and those will bet now when we check to them most of the time, so I expect the checkraise opportunity to exist a really good percentage of the time. When the check/raise does work and he three bets, we actually save a bet versus the bet/ three bet option.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 PM

looks ok to me

I'll open raise 99 in this spot but once there is a limper I usually just limp along - does that make me a big wuss??

Also what do you do on the flop if the hyperaggressive villain doesn't let it check through?
Old 07-11-2006, 02:13 PM

I personally don't like the turn 3 bet. I think when he checks behind the flop and raises the turn his range is pretty much AA/KK/AK/flushdraw. Maybe something like AQ/AJ but I think you are in bad shape against the bulk of his range. And you probably are getting capped by AA/KK/flush a lot more often than AK/AQ/AJ.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:16 PM

While he may be super agressive, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a hand this time. Although his flop check behind seems a bit strange.

I personally would be inclinded to check/call both turn and river now with the set unless the board pairs. If villian checked behind on the turn again, I would lead the river.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally would be inclinded to check/call both turn and river now with the set unless the board pairs. If villian checked behind on the turn again, I would lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

To weak; it's ak too often.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other hands in his range include JJ and QQ and those will bet now when we check to them most of the time, so I expect the checkraise opportunity to exist a really good percentage of the time. When the check/raise does work and he three bets, we actually save a bet versus the bet/ three bet option.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not giving him a free card if he has J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Jx or Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Qx. Or, for that matter, AxQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 07-11-2006, 02:56 PM

Good analysis. I considered folding when villain capped the turn, but by that time the pot had ll.5 bb and I pretty much had to see it through.