Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Are these good river folds

Ouch.

"That's poker"
Old 07-11-2006, 09:46 AM

1 and 2 are close. I may fold hand 2 but not hand 1. Hand 3 is not a fold, I would probably just call instead of raise.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:53 AM

Grunch...

Honestly I'm not folding any of these.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:57 AM

Grunch:

Hand 1 On a double paired board, it's hard to imagine what villain could be betting that doesn't beat you, especially when he wakes up only on the river. In a big pot I might call this, but really it's a 5-1 shot to find out iof he's bluffing. I think I fold here.

Hand 2 UTG wakes up when the queen falls on the turn. If he's weak tight as you say, he isn't going to be calling preflop from UTG with any old rubbish, and I'd say a fair percentage of his UTG limping hands have a queen in (QJ, KQ, AQ). What you're worried about here is the club flush and the mini straight; however, his play isn't really consistent with either - proper weak-tighties don't bet low draws like this HU on the turn. I'd call this 11-1 shot on the river and feel confident I was going to take it down. He will be betting TPTK a good percentage of the time here, having read you for 66-JJ or worse.

Hand 3 We're obviously worried about the higher set here, but with an uncoordinated A-high flop, there are lots of other hands they could be going mad over. Plenty of people will continue to pump it with two pair here, or even a good ace like AT or AJ. You're getting 6-1 on the river here. Marginal, but +EV I think. I call.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 PM

Grunch:

hand 1: I do not know about 1/2 but at .25/.5 and .5/1 the river bet from a new player is testing or donking often enough to require a call. And even against a known passive, if you've already folded to a donk from them on the river a few times you have to start calling some of the ones like this or you will be robbed.

hand2: I'm ok with this fold, as long as I haven't previously given the player the idea I'm easy to fold, and I'm very confident in the weak/tight read. If I've already used up my free fold allotment at this table I have to call here.

hand 3: I think it is unlikely I would ever fold this, and particularly not with those reads.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:27 PM

edited to add to say that I see you didn't fold them.

I don't like the 3 bet in hand 3 personally. I think overcalling gets the same number of bets and you don't get pwned by a better hand.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the 3 bet in hand 3 personally. I think overcalling gets the same number of bets and you don't get pwned by a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That went through my head also when I made the 3-bet. However given how the action already went, I was pretty confident that if I just called it was coming back to me for another 1 or 2 bets.

Had BB just called instead of raised, I would've just called down also.

I felt I was really stuck in a bad spot here and it sucked because as I said, I had a pretty strong feeling I had the second best hand and was throwing money away with any action that wasnt a fold.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:13 PM

*grunch*

Hand 1: CALL. A noted poker authority says to never fold a decent holding on the river for 1 more bet.
Don't be suprised when you see 9x or 66 here. You're getting 12:1 here, and he doesn't believe you have a king (but you don't need 1, do you?)

Hand 2: Raise the flop. As played, call.

Hand 3: What hand needing that 5 are you afraid of? 86o? Did they both slowplay T8? They have you on Ax so their sloppy 2 pair beat you. RE-RAISE !!!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 PM

Posting before results: Hand 1 sucks. You see Ax or junk a lot.

Hand 2: Meh. This is probably the closest of the three, but still a call unless you are sure he *never* bluffs.

Hand 3: I'd cold-call in case it's two pair, especially since I don't particularly expect SB to three-bet. If for some reason he does and the BB caps it's a lot harder.

After reading posts: Good job not doing any of these, sorry to hear you're running so bad. =(
Old 07-11-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1. dont fold the river. the rest is good.

hand 2. raise the flop. call the river.

hand 3. umm, you are folding a set, in a fifteen bet pot, on a non-scary board...

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly. WTF were you thinking on #3?