Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Re: AK reraised preflop - $25 nl - full ring

I thought it was all hearts too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] What really sucks is when I do this while playing. Thank goodness for 4 color decks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If your hesitant to go to the felt with TPTK, then fold your TP hand pre flop. Don't call a pf 3 bet and then fold when you hit. I haven't read any responses so others may think this is a bit nitty, but I fold to the pf rr. Since you called, you have to take this to the felt. That said, I think that pushing here is the classic "only gets called by better/folds worse hands" type of bet. Since you have the Ah, doubtful villain 3 bet with hand that just picked up a FD. I would call this flop bet and then get it all in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your thinking here is entirely flawed. I am not a SSNL player, so I can not really give advice on the play at hand. However, the idea that if you are willing to call this preflop reraise then you have to commit yourself to the hand when you hit top pair is kind of ridiculous. With each bet or check we gain more information about our opponents range.

[/ QUOTE ]
So your suggesting that we call over 10% of our stack pre flop and then fold to a cbet when we flop TPTK with AK?

Also, I am curious. How do you get this:

[ QUOTE ]
We have played with villain for 150 hands and have a decent read on him. He likes to try to take hands down preflop, but will often take a C/C or C/F line if he is forced to take a flop.

Preflop action is the same as above hand. At this point we can assign him a range of, lets say 99+ AJs+ AQo+ which is fairly wide because we know about his preflop tendencies.

Flop is the same. Action is the same. We can now narrow his range to AK, AA, KK, and maybe a Cbet with worse X percent of the time. Since we know he gives up on most flops he misses and is not known to Cbet much, we can assign a fairly small number to that. With the new information gained on the flop, hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of this:

[ QUOTE ]
He hasn't been remarkable either way, showed down some good hands, won a few pre-flop or on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems your read in this hand is better than the OP's. Are you the Villian in this hand, or are you just making customized reads to support your own inaccurate analysis? Your analysis is excellent with the read you present, however, your read does not reflect the read detailed by the OP, so it is irrelevant to this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I said 2 or 3 times in that post that it was NOT the above hand. My point was that there are situations where this would be correct and to put a blanket generalization about this hand and all hands like this is mental.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:37 PM

This is an extremely easy fold preflop at 6m, and at FR it should be even easier. IF he's such an idiot that you seem to believe he is (since you didn't fold preflop), then you should not call preflop, but rereraise him and call a push.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:39 PM

fold pf unless villan is a maniac. see Grunch's post about how making little mistakes can lead to huge ones later in the hand. i really dont like a shove on the flop...i doubt villan has hearts. his range is narrowed to JJ/QQ/KK/AA/AK. i would call the flop and either fold to a big turn bet or check the turn.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:47 PM

your whole stack for only TPTK? this would of been an easy fold. i would only call to gamble, or saw that he was a donk playing overly agg. save your stack for when you do have a hand, or Excellent read.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:49 PM

i have terrible trouble folding AK preflop, maybe a leak in game, but any hand he would raise with, wouldn't he be cont betting that flop? i would think he could have wiffed entirely and be trying to push you out, i would call there when i think i am ahead, but it may be a leak in my play